DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Nehrim Total Conversion - English Version

Maigrets

The English version of Nehrim:At Fates Edge is up for download. There seems to be some issues with the main links at the moment, but the torrent version seems to be OK according to their forums. Possibly due to the number of people waiting for it and now downloading.

http://www.nehrim.de/dataEV.html

If anyone hasn't heard of Nehrim, it's an epic total conversion made by the German community, four years in the making with an extensive main quest of 35 single quests and around 30 other side quests. It's the same size or a little bigger than Tamriel and has some of the best in game music I've heard in a long time.

I've already played quite a bit and helped with some of the English translations so I can attest to it's epic scope. New combat techniques, leveling system, new and different landscapes, and much, much more.

Details, trailers and an interactive map here:

http://www.nehrim.de/startEV.html

Although this isn't strictly an Oblivion mod it does use the engine and resources so if this is posted in the wrong place please move it. :yes:

• Upvote 1

A good thing happened at work recently that had the side effect of tripling my workload for the near future. However, I did read about Nehrim and looked at most of the gallery images. I was impressed and hope to get time to play it once things settle down.

Also, greenie, I'm hoping that besides the OF, some TESA members that play it will report there experiences here.

EDIT: I ment to ask: Maigrets, in the English version, are the voice overs still in German?

Edited by Vince

I look forward to watching the RELZ thread for the next week and gathering information on any technical difficulties folks have had installing and playing it, so I can be ready for as problem-free of an install as possible.

There's a PFD file on the page I linked with the install guide. There shouldn't be any problems at all really (except for people who never read docs anyway, like some mod users.) :D

I've installed and uninstalled the German and English versions several times without problems during testing time, and there've been no issues. It also should be totally bug free now since a few were found while the translations were being done. It's probably more stable and problem free than vanilla Oblivion itself at this stage.

I ment to ask: Maigrets, in the English version, are the voice overs still in German?

Yes the voices are still in German, but I just turn them down in the options and after awhile you won't even notice. I like the sound of the voices though and they are highly professional so I have it so I can just hear it. Some words I can understand..most not..lol

I imagine if they were to replace the German voices with English ones we'd be waiting another four years and getting the high level of voice actors (over 50 of them) would be a task and a half.

I'll definitely be modding for it at some stage after I've played through properly. Texture replacers and body mods etc can be used now the same way as in Oblivion and I'm going to do that soon because the vanilla bodies and faces are just not "nice." It's been so long since I saw them I forgot how awful they are. :yes:

A bit of info translated from the SureAi forums about using the CS with Nehrim:

Using the Construction Set with Nehrim

Many are trying to do the seemingly Nehrim files from the Oblivionverzeichnis with the TES-CS open. But this is wrong.

The two files Nehrim.esm and NehrimData.esp are just placeholders with no content. To proceed you need modding Nehrim different.

For modding it needs these two files from your Oblivionverzeichnis: (I'm from the assumption that you have installed the Tes-Cs)

TESConstructionSet.exe

ssce5432.dll

The copied it simply by:

Nehrim \ TESConstructionSet.exe

Nehrim \ ssce5432.dll

From now on you can Nehrim TESConstructionSet.exe modding from Nehrimverzeichnis.

Oops! The file should not be loaded as NehrimData.esp. It is not needed for modding and could later cause unnecessary troubles. Just invite Nehrim.esm.

Edited for my own bad spelling.. :poke:

• Upvote 1

I've got my body mods installed and working using omods. HGEC with Ozmo's face and body textures as well as IFT (Improved Facial Textures). Robert's Male Replacer which will need to be remastered since it has an esp, a pose mod, also remastered, and my Gothic Breton Race V2. I've added esps for Nehrim courtesy of Beana to my Race entry with instructions.

It's simple to remaster using TESGecko as long as the mod you want to use doesn't need to reference anything from Oblivion. ie locations and chests for example.

As far as the body replacers meshes and textures I just deleted the ones for the races Nehrim doesn't use, like Argonians, Khajiits, Orcs etc, although I imagine it wouldn't matter since Nehrim won't access them.

If OBMM doesn't work for you copy the default Oblivion ini from the OB root directory to the Nehrim directory. Nehrim won't use the file, but OBMM will probably want it. I found that hint on the Bethsoft forums.

• Upvote 1

I have downloaded this, although it will be awhile before I actually get around to installing and playing it. I'm still trying to figure out an effective way to do a dual Oblivion/Nehrim install, anyway. Let me say, though, that based upon the videos and stills I've seen this is, indeed, a much more professional product than Oblivion. Visually, it is stunning, although one could say the same for many areas in Cyrodiil, as well. Where it shines, though, is in the voice acting. Sadly, for those people who don't understand spoken German, you're going to miss out on this part of the experience. I read German OK. I have a problem understanding the language when rapidly-spoken, though. However, I think I'll be using this game to brush up a bit on that. :yes:

There will be no English voice-over (or any other language) version of this game released, at least not by the Nehrim team. They've already made this clear on the Nehrim site. If some talented voice actors got together, though, an English re-make would be possible. I could even live with the lip-sync being off, since I'm a fan of "Chinese Westerns" (i.e., your standard badly-acted kung-fu movies). Honestly, though, voice acting isn't that difficult, that being said by someone who is mute, IRL, maybe not being terribly believable, but I've talked to some of my close personal friends about this issue and they agree. Most of the voice acting you see in user-created mods is bad. Why? Because the voice actors don't put their hearts and souls into the acting. They aren't "acting", so much as they're just laboriously reading the scripts word-by-word. It shows and it's pretty easy to tell when they're doing it that way because of the near-monotone, stilted, rhythmic patterns and occasional pauses as they stumble over words or phrases, that you get when people are reading one word at a time, rather than taking the time to memorize their lines and then speak them as though they were real people engaged in conversation with other real people.

Some of the best voice acting I've witnessed, in fact, has been extemporaneous role-playing in table-top games, and these players didn't even have scripts to go by! It can be done. You just need to find people who will actually put some effort into it, rather than coming off as sounding like they just wanted to get the reading over with and had no "feeling" for the characters they were portraying. We have voice actors on this site. Hint ... hint.

• 1 year later...

Hello Guys! :)

I´m new here, so please don´t get angry, if this question was already answered!

OK, is there some way to get Nehrim working as a Worldspace besides Oblivion?

I believe it is possible, i mean just the same way like the Middle-Earth Mod or [Removed]

Do anybody have any ideas?

Edited by InsanitySorrow
Removed restricted content, please don't talk about that here :)