DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Info about Npc ai packages and a bit more...

DsoS

Okay first thing first. Its 3:30am and ive got a headache so if this doesnt quite make since, bear with it please.

Secondly I know a little bit about what im to ask, such as:

1) x-marker and headings

2) simple wander packages using #1

3) a bit more that i don think ill need to use here

Third, this is all for a video that will be like 10-20 seconds long.

Forth, what i need to do:

I need to have a npc walk up to another npc and "kill" him. The killer is a necromancer so its fits.

After the kill the npc is to walk toward the player then vanish.

I can do the movement upto until he is suppose to kill. And i can do the part where he walks toward the player and vanishes.

What im not sure about is:

How to get a npc to kill another npc. (i know in more than one quest a npc kills another, such as in the beginning with the emperor)

Could i please get some details on what ai package i would have to create to accomplice the kill?

Ill make the npc who dies with like 50 hp so he gets stabbed a few times to make it a little gruesume. I also would like to see some type of blood splatter from the stabbing to make it a bit more realistic also.

Thank you in advanced. And i hope it makes since. If not just say so and ill fix it in the morning after i get some sleep and lose this headache.

X markers are just that, markers you can use for referencing that wont be visible ing ame

They're all persistant references by default, so you don't have to name them. Mostly they're used for telling NPCs where to go or stand. Just use the 'travel' package and direct the NPC to the x marker (easiest way is just by selecting "select reference in render window" and clicking the x marker) and the NPC will head there at the time specified. If you tell the NPC to 'wander' to the x marker, they will head there and wander near the x marker within the radius given

X marker headings are the same, but they have an arrow. The NPC will face the direction of this arrow when they arrive at the marker, so for example it's used for city guard patrols to make them always look forward rather than at the wall. When arrifving at a regular x marker an NPC will just face any random direction

I know how to setup ai packages and what not. What im NOT sure about is getting the npc to attack another npc.

Im pretty good at the x-markers and headings and bit okay with *most* ai packages.

Edit

@echo. Ive never setup dueling npcs. Ill check them out.

@Mishi. Ive used x-markers and headings before. I dont have a issue with them. My first mod had about 100 xmarkers/headings for the 20 npcs in the village (read below what i said about this mod)

@IS. Umm honestly no, ive learned a little bit about npc and ai while playing around with my first unreleashed and now lost (deleted by mistake) village mod. I know i know i really need to do your classes :huh:

I did what you're trying to accomplish a long time ago. I set the health of the NPC that's going to die to 1, and used startcombat in a quest script. Then I used an ambush package to have the guy find the player. Keep the disposition towards the player high and the NPC will start a convo with him.

Been a while since I did that, so there might be more details to it. :huh:

Or you could go with 2 ambush packages...one for the NPC ( low disposition = fight ) and one for the player ( high disp = talkie )

I'm actually trying to stay away from quest stuff, I've never been able to get quest stuff to work for me. lol

I'm going to check it out soon. Gotta work on a truck my 17 year old brother wrecked it today. He's fine, but the truck is pretty much totaled.