DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Help me please

TiberSeptim

Ummm, you need to be more specific. What aspect of collision modelling are you having trouble with, what are you trying to do and how far did you get?

WT

well ifinished the model,i exported it to nif, and saved it to oblivion data from nif skope, i am really new to blender and nif skope, i really need a complete begginer tutorial

cos i dont really even know enough blender/nif skope to give much detail in the problems sorry :\

Just randomly sticking my oar in... :lol:

Hmmm trollf this is where its moved to from the shoutbox, so just a question, i open my png in gimp, so:file>save as>dds image>save?

Just change the suffix in the "File > Save As" menu to .dds, Gimp will figure out the rest. You may need to change the standard save options, however: depending on what you're saving, you'll likely want to generate mipmaps; you'll probably (but not necessarily) want to select RGBA8 as the format. You're given a number of compression options; personally I wouldn't bother unless it's for a final packaging of your mod or unless you're short of graphics memory, but always keep an uncompressed version somewhere as the algorithms are lossy. I think DXT5 is the usual recommended algorithm if you want to compress regular textures. And don't compress normalmaps because they look hideous: apparently dropping the resolution is a better bet.

ok, Tiber, here's the list what you need to do in that part of tutorial:

1) download GIMP dds plugin from here (there's short info where you should copy the plugin in the readme file in this archive)

2) start the GIMP, and open that ruler1.png file

3) from top menu chose Image -> Mode -> RGB

4) now in the toolbox window you have two overlapping rectangles - these are foreground and background colours, select that one on the top and chose gray colour from the window that appears

5) now from top menu:

Layer -> Mask -> Add Layer Mask (chose white in the window)

6) from the toolbox window chose bucket fill tool and click somewhere in the image - you should see semi-transparent ruler after that

7) from top menu chose:

Layer -> Mask -> Apply Layer Mask

after this your alpha channel should be gray (you can check this in Layers, Channels, Paths... window, when you click on that icon with stacked coloured paper sheets)

8) now chose File -> Save As

and in the window expand Select File Type, then search for and chose dds type, press Save

9) in Save as DDS window:

- select compression as bc3/dxt5

- check generate mipmaps box

- press OK.

And there you go, you should have texture of that ruler saved as dds with semi-transparent alpha channel...

I know that maybe it's not the easiest way to do such things, but it is the first time when I do something in GIMP, anyway it works for me...

If you have any specific questions, just say a b-word ;]