DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Forum Medal Cleanup

DarkRider

Forum Medal Cleanup

Hail Allies,

Just letting everyone know I am updating some of the forum awards all visible here: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?app=awards I'll be doing these a little at a time as my time permits. Many will be staying the same, but several are from the old forums and are kind of dwarfed next to the newer medals so I'd like to phase them out, It's a back burner project and not something that will all be done at once. But if you see your medals changing, that's why. None of the medals should disappear on you though so, if that happens do send me a PM about it. :salute:

Well, if I can make a suggestion it would be to have some new medals that are more in line with TESA's current state. Some medals are still from the day that TESA was a reasonable small community. I am proud about my "Takedown" medal for achieving 100+ downloads as that was something very special back than. But TESA has grown a lot since than and some downloads have even surpassed the 5500+ mark.

Well, if I can make a suggestion it would be to have some new medals that are more in line with TESA's current state. Some medals are still from the day that TESA was a reasonable small community. I am proud about my "Takedown" medal for achieving 100+ downloads as that was something very special back than. But TESA has grown a lot since than and some downloads have even surpassed the 5500+ mark.

My "takedown" it's the precious...

no seriously 100dls isn't much

Graduated medals for 100, 1000, 5000, 10000 downloads, with the greater medal replacing the lesser?

Not a chance :heyyou:

Medals are awarded manually not automatically so a staff member would have to keep track to make manual adjustments and that will get sticky as the number of uploaders/downloaders grows. :o

Of course the 100 DL medal should stay. If you picture over 100 people in a big space that are all using your mod while playing Oblivion that's quite an image. Just thought it would be nice to have awards for higher numbers as well, that's all. :heyyou:

Of course the 100 DL medal should stay. If you picture over 100 people in a big space that are all using your mod while playing Oblivion that's quite an image. Just thought it would be nice to have awards for higher numbers as well, that's all. :heyyou:

Yep. I actually like the idea. :D Both adding the new and keeping the old 100 download medal. I was quite tickled when that medal got added to my collection. :o

Yep. I actually like the idea. :D Both adding the new and keeping the old 100 download medal. I was quite tickled when that medal got added to my collection. :o

Same here, I was very pleased with it! It also convinced me to release all my mods on TESA exclusively. Sure, most mods would have been DL-ed much more at Nexus, but I don't like having to keep track of the support thread there ("Halp! Everything looks purple, fix it now! You is stupid cuz everything is purple!"). And I always have trouble uploading to Nexus, while on TESA it's a breeze. :heyyou:

Same here, I was very pleased with it! It also convinced me to release all my mods on TESA exclusively. Sure, most mods would have been DL-ed much more at Nexus, but I don't like having to keep track of the support thread there ("Halp! Everything looks purple, fix it now! You is stupid cuz everything is purple!"). And I always have trouble uploading to Nexus, while on TESA it's a breeze. :heyyou:

:D Amen! I admit, I don't check my download pages there often anymore and haven't uploaded anything else there since TESA's downloads section went live. :o Just not interested.

Another reason I started hosting here exclusively is to do my little part in making TESA a bit more known among the mod community and exclusive content is always something that attracts folks for several reasons.

Lol, sorry for getting a bit off topic here! :heyyou: