DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Help with Tutorial #3

ell46

First apologises if this is the wrong place to post for help, perhaps a mod can move it if necessary.

I've just finished tutorial #3 and went to have a look at my house in the game, BUT when I walked up to the bridge there are a load of bulrushes in front of it, which I don't see in the CS render window, a couple of questions came to mind, can I get rid of them and how?

Now I've actually put the problem into words things come to mind, perhaps a play is called for while I wait for help, the homework says to add a few plants around the start of the bridge, there's not much point no one will see them amongst all that lot and another question about adding a place for the horse on the platform, is that a serious request, I mean getting the horse across that little bridge!

Yep it's a serious request, the horse actually fits well across the bridge and cozy on the platform I built for the class. You wouldn't want to leave your pony on the mainland by himself would you? :rofl:

Sounds like there's some grass there, grass meshes are attached to the texture, you can't see them in the CS only in game. To eliminate grass, expand the ID column in the landscape editor to find a matching texture with "NoGrass" at the end of the texture name. Then change opacity to 100% and paint this no grass texture over the areas where the grass is in the way. That should mow down most of it, though the grass meshes can be fickle and the stray blade is common. XD

Thank you I'll have a go at getting rid of the bullrushes. I must have put my house on the platform differently than you wanted us to as there is no way a horse will go over my bridge and round the corner post to the only space that will accommodate it, so it will have to fend for itself, but I'll compromise and flatten a bit more of the path/land to make it a paddock or something, can't say I noticed small stables or similar, I will have to go and check that out.

Thank you for your excellently written tutorials, I just wish I had realised the tutorial house was actually going to be visible and working in the game I wouldn't have filled it with the first rubbish that came to hand :rofl: have no fear I won't let you down I've spent all day redecorating inside and out. Oh! by the way I don't care for the neighbours much and that oblivion gate really brought the price down. XD

Some have flattened out land for a land based stable, some have added an extra platform just for the horse, it's open to your interpretation, I'd rather you just have fun with it and be creative with what works for you. XD

The oblivion gate looks pretty at night? They are an unfortunate fact of life in Cyrodiil but thankfully a hero will pop up eventually to close them :rofl:

I take it back, I just had to go and try out the horse and I did get it over the bridge and into the space available, so now I don't feel guilty about leaving it.

The tutorials are really good, easy to follow, things are explained well and they answer most of my questions that pop up while following them.

That's great to hear, I was trying to make them very accessible to everyone. :construction:

I've been told I'm a difficult student, one of those that you can't just blindly tell me to do something, I need to know why, what does it do iykwim and you meet that need in your tuts, there's none of that well what did I have to do that for, when will I need to do that when I'm working on my own.