DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Problem understanding Tutorial #4

ell46

I'm just working through the above tutorial and have a problem, it says Quote; One by one, toggle ignore on any exterior cells you didn’t mean to change. You also want to toggle ignore on their children, a cell’s children appear AFTER the cell in the list, but the children don’t say (Ignore) when you toggle them.

How do I know if I didn't mean to change anything? As I don't know exactly where these cells are, could the changes be to due to deleting of orange path nodes or when levelling land to put in the stable.

Remember when we named the cells we were working in? That's how you track your deliberate changes. You simply need to note the cell name or coordinates and then in Gecko keep those intentionally changed cells and ignore the rest. This can be tricky as you may have changed a neighboring cell without realizing it and ignoring it can create a land tear, so be sure you are cleaning a copy of your mod and that you have a backup in case you clean too much. :D

Remember when we named the cells we were working in? That's how you track your deliberate changes. You simply need to note the cell name or coordinates and then in Gecko keep those intentionally changed cells and ignore the rest. This can be tricky as you may have changed a neighboring cell without realizing it and ignoring it can create a land tear, so be sure you are cleaning a copy of your mod and that you have a backup in case you clean too much. :D

Thanks that has confirmed what I thought, after I went ahead and click ignore for everything highlighted yellow and went to look to find a door hanging in the middle of nothing, I had made a copy as you suggested so no harm done.

Sorry if this is going to be covered soon, but when I was putting in the door markers, I saw a 'horse marker' what is this for?