DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Alternative characters

Saad

I have everytime thought at an alternative character.

Someone that isn't the usual Breton-Pilgrim-Lady that i do usually.

Someone different, but with a connection to this world that i love deeply, to the prophesy of the Nerevarine coming....

Someone that seem clash itself, but has a reason to be as he is.

My thoughts point now to a Nord: what is a race far of the Dunmer culture than a Nord. Enemies, they fought against Nerevar and the Tribunal, allied to Dwemer.

Big blondhaired brutes painted in the face, warriors and proud to be.

Warriors?

Who say that a Nord MUST follow his elders trail at all costs? Sure his doctor hasn't ordered this at him as a cure. And then?

And, in the real Northern culture, there was Skalds (Bard) Runecaster, Witches (Mage), and in the time when Christianity reached the iced lands of Scandinavia, also Priests, Monks, Bishops, many of them were also warriors, fighting pagans and bring the holy words everywhere (Crusader, Pilgrim, Healer)

May a big blondhaired Nord babble arcane words casting powerful spells? Or do good in Alchemy, and dress a robe instead big heavy armors? Or use Staves instead of Swords, and have a nice appearance, instead the usual long-hair-and-beard-under-a-cruel-scarred-face?

I think this will be possible. Not all Nord resemble Odin.

Another chance.

Orcs.

Green, though, and brutal.

Loyal to the Legion, and first line warriors, feared by alls, hard in battle and proud to be in the Legion ranks.The military life suit them perfectly.

ALL Orcs are like this image? All in imperial chain, ordnance weapons and imperial shield?

Orcs have also Shamans in their ranks (Mages) and they like tell their adventures and feats when they are near a campfire (Bards)

And a tip for many: Orcs aren't ignorant fools. They have a their own culture, they can read and write, they build palaces and cities.

An Orc Mage? or Bard, or Pilgrim? Why not.

And, to be a real terrorist: an Orc Healer? Yes, why not. Many Orcs know what is the price of war, and have seen their companions wounded or dead: some of them can became pacifist, and like heal instead to crush.

But an orc is an Orc, and a Nord its a Nord: also if they have choosen different paths in respect to their ancients and brethren this NOT mean that they are easy targets for preying bandits or hungry monsters.

If you, the player, choose an alternative race, remember these words: also an Orc healer will bash hard their enemies if attacked, and their fists are harder than usual members of the chosen class. Heh heh, surprise....enemies of the alternative characters may end more or less like pirates depèicted in Asterix comics-bashed hard. Very hard.

About the sign: ok, the Lady mean the goddess Azura, and has nice benefits, but the other signs?

Personally i like also the Apprentice, the Tower, and in the last trials i have found a pleasure using the Lord.

And you? Have tried some alternative character? Have some ideas about some character out of the usual schemes that you think suited for become the Nerevarine?

Tell here your experiences, i'm curious to read your attempts.

• 1 year later...