DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Collector's Editions

vometia

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just announced that if you pre-order DA2 before Jan 11 (or something about that time), you will be auto upgraded to DA2 : Signature Edition, for the same price you get $20 worth of extra content, including an extra character.

Interesting, but rather confusing of them: does that mean people who've pre-ordered the Signature Edition should cancel it and order the base game? That said, it's only a fiver more, so for that amount I'm not sure it's worth the risk...

Edit: just checked to see what extra stuff you get with the Signature Edition (I mean of the tangible variety rather than DLC) to see how it compares with the likes of the Fallout New Vegas and Bioshock II special editions that came with quite nice tat, and it says this: "Premium Packaging (silver foil will be used)". Silver foil, eh? Ooooh, too shiny for me! :bowdown: (The reason for the sarcasm wasn't the silver foil itself, it's that the silver foil is apparently all you're getting in terms of extras, unless they've forgotten to mention other stuff).

It is a bit lacking, that being said, I would not be surprised if there is a CE version as well.

If they do, hopefully they'll announce it before the Jan. 11th cut-off.

Of course we now have some retailers (<cough>Game</cough>) selling the "upgrade" to the Signature Edition for a higher price, which strikes me as being a little lacking in integrity. Then again, they're the same retailer who wouldn't give me my pre-order activation codes for a ME2 et al.

I thought it would have been GameStop charging :woot:, I wonder if they're allowed to charge for something Bioware is giving for free?

I suspect they're using the RRP as a work-around: even though most retailers automatically discount the RRP to the usual market price as they've done since time immemorial, it means they can "increase" the price of more desirable editions by not discounting it likewise. They can therefore claim that they're not selling them at an inflated price, which technically is true, even though that's exactly what they're doing.

I haven't encountered Gamestop since I use use Amazon most of the time (no reason not to, I've seldom had bad experiences with their customer support - and I've used them a lot!) and Game if they've managed to nab themselves an exclusive release, which they seem annoyingly good at doing. I've heard Game can be quite good if you actually go into a store and it's one with good staff members, but online they're terrible: uncompetitive prices, things like promo codes going "missing", no support at all. Bit like John Lewis really.

I nearly always get things online, but there is the risk that you don't always know what you're getting, even if you think you do. Or maybe especially if you think you do. Then again, even turning up in person, I've had the bait-and-switch treatment at the likes of record stores where I find that the collector's edition I picked up from the shelf mysteriously turned into a regular edition when safely out of sight behind the counter, as it went into the now taped-shut bag. Of course the price wasn't similarly substituted. <_<

Anyway, for compulsive collectors only, I see there are a couple of new ME2 lithographs on the Bioware Store. I've pre-ordered in case they sell out like the Normandy one did, but while I'm waiting for them to be shipped I'll have to seriously think about it as they're actually pretty dull. And the price has gone up to $40 each (currently discounted to $35, but still $5 more expensive than before). They are still signed and numbered, albeit less limited than before the Normandy at 500 each, but unless you missed out on the others and want a limited edition or are seriously into collecting merchandise, I can't say the latest efforts really inspire the same desperate enthusiasm as previous examples...

So far only bought a CE once and that was one of The Sims 3 (yeah, sometimes i play that too)

Came with an in-game item, some stickers, a tips&tricks thing, manual and an usb stick in the form of a green diamond (those things that float above your sims)

That usb stick was nice. One from toshiba as i could see on the chip. Not big, about 128 MB of storage, but usefull to have it with you. Only the package of the CE was not that great: half plastic.

Most of the time i just grab a normal version of a game and sometimes a GotY edition or Gold, in case i didn't had the game earlier (like with morrowind) With NWN i bought the Legend edition and with Gothic the Universe edition. Both are bundled versions. I do the same with Dragon Age; buying the ultimate edition, as i don't have the game yet.

Maybe i grab for Two Worlds II the CE edition and for Gothic 4 also. Both CE's look nice. Too bad there isn't a CE of Drakensang: The River of Time and from the first Drakensang.

There's still a stand-off between Bioware and the retailers (at least in the UK) over the pricing of the Signature Edition of DA:II, with Bioware saying "this is the deal, the retailers have agreed to it" and the retailers saying "er, no, actually, we haven't." At present I'm more inclined to believe the retailers since the RRP is set higher, and this is surely specified by EA. And let's face it, between Amazon and EA I know which one I'd believe. In fact between renowned liar Fibber "Porkies" McFalsifier the Mendacious from Dishonestville and EA, I know which one I'd believe. And it isn't EA.

Anyway, at least play.com appear to be doing the upgrade to the Signature Edition and are pricing the game at £30. Not sure which direction it's going to go in, but if Play are at all likely to be the ones to change their tune, it might be worth grabbing a copy.

My F:NV hasn't arrived yet. The FedEx Ground driver got here with my roommate's package before the Express driver (who has mine). I'm so sad!

You know it now needs to involve disembowelment.

Still, I don't get mine 'til the end of the week. Which I've already moaned about, but it's annoying enough to need another moan! I wonder if I'll start a new game before attempting to mod it...?

You know it now needs to involve disembowelment.

Still, I don't get mine 'til the end of the week. Which I've already moaned about, but it's annoying enough to need another moan! I wonder if I'll start a new game before attempting to mod it...?

I always try to play at least once through vanilla unless there's something that bothers me so much that effects my enjoyment of the game.

I just got my copy of the CE for NV after work :wave:

Pretty poker chip! :D

Thus far the game has been fun, like normal, I managed to create 2 arse ugly characters, no matter HOW hard I try, I seem to create really ugly ppl, atleast from my POV :cookie4u:

The graphic novel was a nice read, if a bit short, wasnt really deserving of the name novel IMHO.

I actually got to pre-order my Sig. Ed. of DA2 as well, seems that someone charged me an extra $5 and put me down for 2 copies of Two Worlds :) LOL so the manager changed that about :D

• 2 weeks later...

I could be too picky... I was also getting distracted at the time by the... OOOH SHINY!!! *flips platinum chip*

What?

Oh.. right... :pints:

I guess everyone can tell I am happy with the loot eh?

I don't see why not: I'm not even sure what it is, but it's shiny. :jellytime:

Ooooo got me a copy of Fable 3 CE :jellytime:

Bah. I'm still waiting for the PC version. (And how come the U.S. gets it first...? :jellytime:)