DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Collector's Editions

vometia

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problably because Lionhead now belong to MS, which is a US company. Plus MS publushed the game too.

Definately not fair, but I aint complaining now, I gots me a copy :clap:

Bloody Microsoft. I can understand them pushing their own platform first even though I don't like it, but I never will understand making entire markets wait. Makes no economic sense either since it just encourages piracy. Admittedly not as bad as what I just wrote about in the Gothic thread with the UK release of Arcania being pushed back another four months: no reason given other than a Jowood representative snottily informing us that the retail version isn't available and that won't be changing for weeks to months (or, given the vagueness of the comment, that it may never be released). What with that and the total fiasco over the Signature Edition of DA:II (and the rather startling attack by a Bioware official on a complainant)... well, so much for my recent comment that it's a good time for games releases. :shock:

O.O I missed a bit on the Bioware site apparently lol.

I just hope that when the PC version of Fable 3 launches it will have a CE :shock:

Im still a bit confused why Msoft shot themselves in the foot with Fable 2, you KNOW they noticed a drop in sales, after a bit I just shrugged and went on my way forgetting about Fable 2 :clap:

I think it was because the PC port of Fable and Lost Chapters sale numbers weren't as high as they were hoping. Not to mention that game developers at the time were more focused on the console audience.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sales suffered due to it being delayed so long: by the time the PC version materialised, it was yesterday's news. Thing is, if it was still making a profit, I'm somewhat confounded as to why it wasn't worth releasing Fable II likewise. That said, I worked for a company that took a strictly "couldn't be arsed" approach to sales, though they eventually went bust, unsurprisingly. :D

For those who like the Bioware lithographs, the deficit of Dragon Age tat has been rectified somewhat with the announcement of some DA2 lithos: currently the Kirkwall Gate lithograph is available; it's more expensive than normal at $50, but on the other hand it's enormous at 22x39". I've ordered one but I'm not entirely certain where I'm going to hang it since it'll most likely be over 4' wide by the time it's framed and wall real-estate is becoming a precious commodity in these parts. :heyyou: There are two others currently marked "out of stock" which I understand will be initially sold together (i.e. for $80 per set) tomorrow, the 5th of November.

More lithographs are due in December according to this post, titled City Life (Denerim Market, perhaps? Only speculating, though), Redcliffe and Morrigan - and you know the latter will sell out almost immediately!

For the Mass Effect fans, it looks like another batch of Normandy SR2 posters may be made available in the coming weeks, as well as Thane, Tali, Grunt, Legion and Miranda lithos: my impression is that these will be sold separately, unlike the recent sell-out of the first three packaged together. They're also limiting the numbers further, too: the three-pack were limited to three per customer to prevent abuse by those ordering extras to sell on Ebay at grossly inflated prices, and I guess following some bragging from people still doing just that, new orders are limited to just two per customer. Personally I think they should restrict them to just one each, but at least they are making the effort, especially after the chaos with the Normandy litho recently where I suspect a very large percentage were immediately sold on.

Anyway, much of what I wrote just summarises the post I linked to, so look at that for more information. :o

Morrigan will sell out as fast as Tali will, I can promise you that!

The Litho's, atleast the numbered ones go fast, I heard that within an hour of the last 3 pack selling out (i got one :heyyou: ) someone had the pre-order up on e-bay for $200 starting bid and a $400 buy out.

They should slip in some mini-litho into the Signaturea ED of DA2, that would be cool. That or some sort of figure, kinda like the AC: Brotherhood CE which has a jack-in-the-box! :o yes I have it pre-ordered LOL

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I got the news letter and just drooled, I know the CE will cost a fortune but I simply MUST have it, I will pre-order from EB as soon as its in! :D

I... er... I'm keeping quiet considering the lithograph frenzy I've just taken part in!

I debated on getting the AC Brotherhood CE, but since I didn't have the other two, I decided against it.

What's that, then? But even without knowing I'd encourage you to get it anyway, because 1) I like being a bad influence, 2) it's always worth having collector's editions even without the complete series and 3) I like being a bad influence. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I took a look at ebay the other day, its surprising how much people will pay for them.

Also, on the side of collectors, Killzone 3 has its CE out to pre-order now, you get a Helghast Bust.

I'm still bugging the EB Games here about the Witcher 2 CE pre-order, eventually I am sure they will ask their HQ if I bug them enough ;)

I took a look at ebay the other day, its surprising how much people will pay for them.

It's a bit sad, really. I don't mean those buying but the ones milking it for all it's worth: I wonder if their local tax office knows how much they're making...

I must admit that part of me might be tempted by some of the things being sold if I didn't already know what their original asking price was.

I'm still bugging the EB Games here about the Witcher 2 CE pre-order, eventually I am sure they will ask their HQ if I bug them enough XD

I imagine it can probably be pre-ordered from Forn Parts if your local games emporium doesn't get their act together. But hassling them about it is good too. ;)

I know you can pre-order it from EBgames.com but thats the US site so seperate from EB Games here, even the Canadian website doesnt have the game up, else I would get it from there and tell them I wasn't playing games anymore. I want that bust! LOL

On the topic of CE's (in the CE thread no less! LOL), what do you hope to see in a TES V CE? I know I loved the map and coin, although I wish the map had been higher-quality, that TES IV had. A medallion or something might be cool, as I somehow think a full sized Nord sheild would be out of the question. LOL

The upcoming batch of Dragon Age lithographs has been cancelled; bummer. No reason given, but I wonder if they were perhaps a bit optimistic with the likely sales of the DA2 lithographs: 500 each for a game that hasn't yet been released was a bit unrealistic; it took the original Mass Effect lithographs long enough to sell and there were only 200-300 each of them.

It does seem that the Mass Effect lithographs are far better sellers, but I'm not sure if it's because it's a more popular franchise (I'm not even certain if this is true anyway: I'd always assumed they were pretty much on par until someone said otherwise) or if it's because the DA:O lithos have been a bit "meh" in comparison: I mean the likes of Price of Power were good but hardly iconic. It'd be a shame if they've just given up, but that does seem to be the case at the time of writing.

I probably need to expand my horizons when it comes to collectibles anyway!

I actually wore a dress once this year. I rather liked it, but I don't like the way my legs look, so it'll probably be a while before I wear a skirt/dress again. XDThe cam RC car is still pretty nifty even though I think it is easily a skirt cam.

LOL well I cant comment on how you looked, Ive only seen your face :D I am sure you looked fine though.

You can snoop out areas in advance! Find out if that person you dont want to run into is in the area! LOL

The upcoming batch of Dragon Age lithographs has been cancelled; bummer. No reason given, but I wonder if they were perhaps a bit optimistic with the likely sales of the DA2 lithographs: 500 each for a game that hasn't yet been released was a bit unrealistic; it took the original Mass Effect lithographs long enough to sell and there were only 200-300 each of them.It does seem that the Mass Effect lithographs are far better sellers, but I'm not sure if it's because it's a more popular franchise (I'm not even certain if this is true anyway: I'd always assumed they were pretty much on par until someone said otherwise) or if it's because the DA:O lithos have been a bit "meh" in comparison: I mean the likes of Price of Power were good but hardly iconic. It'd be a shame if they've just given up, but that does seem to be the case at the time of writing.I probably need to expand my horizons when it comes to collectibles anyway!

I think its a 2-fold problem, MANY of the DA:O Litho's were not nearly as interesting as the ME2 ones, on top of that, they started otu with rather mundain choices, I can say for certian that the character litho's for DA:O would have sold well, but they did their test bed-launch with some poor ones. A pitty really, would have liked to get a coupld of the characters from DA:O.

The other part of the problem is likely the proximity to the launch of DA2, its litterally just around the corner in terms of game launches and they likely want to try and focus fans on it rather then the first.