DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Collector's Editions

vometia

I think its a 2-fold problem, MANY of the DA:O Litho's were not nearly as interesting as the ME2 ones, on top of that, they started otu with rather mundain choices, I can say for certian that the character litho's for DA:O would have sold well, but they did their test bed-launch with some poor ones. A pitty really, would have liked to get a coupld of the characters from DA:O.

The other part of the problem is likely the proximity to the launch of DA2, its litterally just around the corner in terms of game launches and they likely want to try and focus fans on it rather then the first.

I hadn't thought of it that way. Certainly sounds like a plausible explanation, but it'll be a real shame if the likes of Redcliff and City Life never see the light of day: I mean the DA2 landscapes are epic and all, but without any point of reference they're a bit "blah". Edit: I also think it's a bit risky to put all their money on DA2 selling; I suspect the majority of Bioware fans probably won't start shelling out for memorabilia until DA2 really takes off, but there's no guarantee it won't be a flop (I hope it isn't and have no reason to believe it'll fail, but many people won't buy into it until it makes a name for itself).

I made much the same point as you about the previous DA:O lithos over on the Bioware forums in that they weren't exactly "iconic": I mean they were good and all, but only tangentially related to the game as experienced by its players: characters or well-known landmarks would've been a lot more meaningful.

Edited by vometia

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the look of some litho's Pride was nice but to be honest, you have little contact with Pride Demons in their natural form, something along the lines of Flemith or Duncan would have been better choices.

I think any of the major characters would've done, and they had plenty of interesting landmarks to choose from.

Talking of landmarks, I just framed the Kirkwall Gate litho (the huge one) and I have to say an enormous cloud of ambivalence has descended on me. Partly because I ended up having to trim an inch off the top border - yeah I know, way to reduce its value to zero, and my fault for being too tight with the measurements when ordering its frame. The frame itself I feel slightly "blah" about in that it seems rather fragile given the price, but I think the root cause of my ambivalence isn't any of that stuff but simply that I really don't know where to hang the thing. Being over a metre across, it's not exactly dainty, and we're running a bit short of available wall-space. There's space in the likes of the dining room, but it's a bit grim to hang in there so I really dunno what to do with it. :bagged:

LOL I am sure you have more space then I have, and Im not even sure how I am going to set the Litho's up once they are framed.

If you look at the DA2 litho's even they sell slow, why? nothing iconic, nothing special about them. Morrigan's would have sold out in minutes, much like Tali did.

LOL I am sure you have more space then I have, and Im not even sure how I am going to set the Litho's up once they are framed.

I'm probably quite lucky in that my other half doesn't mind me festooning the house with games-related lithographs!

I'm starting to warm to my Kirkwall Gate framing a little (or actually quite a lot). It does look extremely impressive, which has banished a lot of the misgivings about the frame, as well as having to cut the lithograph to fit. Any remaining concerns about its quality started to evaporate when I read that some people have spent two or three times as much on a frame - they might be better made, but don't look appreciably better IMHO.

Here's a picture of the picture, as it were. Please ignore the entirely rubbish knot it's hanging by (now that I've drawn everyone's attention to it ;)) as it'll be moving once I figure out how to position it in that annoyingly inaccessible space above the stairs.

gallery_3_1_19626.jpg

I would've paid a good chunk of change for a good Alistair litho. As it stood, I didn't want any of the ones they had.

Any Alistair fans in the UK can just get a picture of Ben Fogle and frame that instead. :o I would've quite liked a picture of Oghren looking hideous. Maybe in time they'll do some character lithos; their decisions seem to be unpredictable enough that it's still a possibility...

Thats a lovely framing there, atleast looking at the picture.

Im gonna have to stop by a place, I hear there is a place in town that may do that kinda of thing.

I think that DAO lithos would have flown off the shelves had they selected the ppl you can recruit, heck, even the trailer Warden would have been a major grab up, but they launched with poor choices.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I wanted to get my hands on the extended edition (or whatever it was called) of Dragon Age: Origins before starting on the new one! :lol: Also, I like to save all my game purchases for my birthday (I ask my hubby to get them for me), but there's no way I can wait until December!! I've already told my husband that I want the CE of Skyrim and he must get it as soon as it's available :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I shall only use Andre's if he has his kitten with him! :rofl:

When they announce a CE for Skyrim, I will be getting it, I hope they put something cool in it, I actually really liked the Septim in OB's.

I am waiting for the CE to be announced as well. I wonder what goodies we'll get besides the traditional artbook.

Another CE I'll pre-order is Duke Nukem Forever's Balls of Steel Edition. Mainly for one element: The Bust. :clap:

The Poker Chips will go mix well with my New Vegas chips.

Only collectors edition I ever bought was Fallout 3, only because they didn't have normal editions in stock, and I had the chance to buy it out from under someone who pre-ordered it. So I felt the extra cash was well spent.

Not to mention the Valt-tech lunch box holds all my model paints nicely, and many people have drooled over it in envy.

Maybe they can supply a sword with the Skyrim CE... pet wolf?

I have the CE for Killzone 3 now, the helm is great for holding bot KZ2 and 3 lol. Figure is on my desk right now, tis cool.

I joked that I would pre-order Duke Nukem Forever CE simply because of its name :lmao:

I keep thinking of that old exercise program, Buns of Steel :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe they can supply a sword with the Skyrim CE...

Only if they make it a nice one... then again, I still shudder at the thought of "at least £2,000" to get a TES:IV ebony longsword made. Eek!

I'm still wondering if we'll see a collector's edition of DA2; they said the signature edition would be the best we'd see, but they said a lot of other stuff too.

I doubt we will see anything more then the Signature Ed for DA2 until it goes "GOTY or Ultimate" editions.

Yeah, I think that was the deal. I think I'd rate the Signature Edition as the "worst promotional item ever", or failing that the worst promotional item that I can remember from a games company! Although the Orange Box "it's a box... that's orange. Er, wow." was pretty close.

The Bioware Store has done a nice range of Dragon Age 2 pendants; in genuine nickel, too, for that genuine scabby-looking skin effect. :lol:

Oh yeah, before I forget, I collated a bunch of lithographs that are available for non-Bioware games that I posted on the Bioware site if anyone has an area of wall that needs filling with something games-related. As for me, I'm running out of wall to fill, which was a bit of bad planning. I guess I could ask the neighbours if they'd object to me expanding into their house...

lol my Lithos are still in their boxes... have not had the money or ability to get proper frames to hang them. I got some of the cup holder thingies that I can't remember what they are called, because I did not know what I would do with a pendent lol.

The Signature Edition was a bit lacking, would have been better even if it had come in a metal case like DA:O did! Heck, another map would have helped too, I know these are minor but you are right, aside from the free music (which this time I had to DL), it did not have much at all.