DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Insanity's Signature Thread

InsanitySorrow

when it comes to images and copyright I think one should exercise care: it's best to play it safe and, if in doubt, look elsewhere.

I posted roughly the same thing just ahead of you, that it's always a good idea to check it out for the sake of care. :salute: Taking mod assets is, in my view, a different issue than what you brought up here as with many images on the internet there is seldom a clear author nor a way to track down said author. With mods it's very clear who you are taking from, so permission is the courtesy to acquire. :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay let's get back on track now that's cleared up :yes:

Fantastic work as ever IS! I may have to have an IS sigbar. Give me a little while* to think of something to have, and I may add to your workload :salute:

* "a little while" is subject to standard Manta's Extra Busy Eventuality (MEBE) time and thus may in fact be a rather large while indeed...

Thanks Manta :lol:, Take as much time as you need :)

Hm...

I can has Sig now pls? I'd like This Sleeping Fox Kit(minus the URL in the image, mind you) with my username (ALL CAPS, THOUGH) in the bottom left, and maybe some text about relaxing.

Since you asked nicely you may :heyyou:, Any font or colour preference?, If you don't have any preferences, then I'll just pick whatever matches the picture.

No real preferences. Just want plain text, not very fancy. I don't know my fonts well enough to suggest anything, and I don't know what color to pick, because I don't really know what color would stand out well. Black? I don't really think so. White? Maybe not(plus it's bright).

Just some straight forward text with my username, and if you find something sig worthy about relaxing, then that should be fancy text.

If I were to try and come up with some text about relaxing, it'd be something like "There's no reason to rush when you have nothing to do".

I liked the result of Bearhug's sig (Being an FF Fan myself), So I decided to make a matching avatar :lmao:

That's really cool. XD

To follow on from my "stealing" post (er, by which I don't mean the misguided sermonising one! :rolleyes:) do you have a list of tips and tricks or resources for how you do these things? By which I'm not asking you to spend ages writing anything up, just if you already have something to hand. When I did my "Zaeed's Flower Arranging" sig it all seemed a bit random and haphazard, and while I'm pleased(ish) with the result, some of my other attempts were less good; so I could do with some handy hints!

A lot of what I do is rather random :rolleyes:, I just play around with whatever image I have and see what works with it. One thing I can suggest is using PS/GIMP brushes, they work a treat for the likes of smudging a background.

One important note is text, especially if you're going for the style like my sig, you really have to put effort into making it fit with the style of the sig, if you don't it could make teh whole thing look rather crap.

I'll try and think up more stuff that maybe able to help.

Groovy, thanks! I haven't really given brushes much thought so I'll definitely have a look there: so far I've used the "galaxy" one as a sort of random airbrush but that's been about it; sounds like there's plenty of other bits and pieces for me to discover. :lmao:

Funny thing about the font: I chose the one for "Zaeed" in that it was an old military stencil type that I thought would look good in a sort of faded blood red, then I saw that someone else had already used exactly the same style. :rolleyes: Well I figured at least it gave me a bit of confidence that it was the right one to use. The image could've done with being a bit taller so it didn't cut off the, erm, dangly bits of the fancy-looking font but the Bioware boards have quite strict size limits. But I think I've descended into prattling now...

IS, is there something that you can do to my sig to make it better? I had a hard time getting it like I did. Love your work!

I'd kind of like my name on the lower right corner like you did beans if possible. Sort of with enough transparancy so that it doesn't take away from the picture?

I could make you sig like Beana's and Red's fairly easily :), Though I'd need an un-altered copy of the image you used (if you still have it).

Would you still want that text on the sig?, Also any particular font you would like used for your name?

I'm attaching the two original files that I worked with. #4.jpg is the one I used. Sending these so you have the master to work with. I had a hard time getting it down to 400x100 and keeping the aspect ratio and actually having the shot I wanted. Maybe an idea would be to have a side bar like Red's with the text. I thought the text kind of messed up the pic but I didn't know a better way. I'll leave it up to your judgement on what yu think is best for the sig and the font. Your the professional :salute:

Dang can't attach a file..