DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #33

WhoGuru

Grond and vometia This substance boils at 100C(212F) and enters its solid state at 0C(32F) and can cause great tissue damage in either state.

Numbers like that can't be simple coincidence. More evidence of the devil's hand in the creation of this vile substance!

Hmm, feeling grumpy. If you help someone out with something, is it reasonable to expect some sort of mention if they themselves get credited for its inclusion in another project? It wasn't a huge amount (though not trivial either), but in percentage terms it was significant, as well as being a key factor in actually making it work. But I'm not even sure who's being (un)reasonable or if it even matters, and I've most likely made similar gaffes myself. I'm probably just not in the best of moods about that sort of thing after also finding a bunch of my photos being used on someone else's website without permission earlier today. Again.

i dont know whether to think that link is just a bunch of rubbish or to believe it. :lmao:

Vometia, yes, its normal to expect to have some credit given to you if you indeed did help as much as you claim on it. Unfortunately we live in a selfish world and im not surprised that this person didnt give you any credit in any way, shape, or form. Personally, i'd just let it roll off my shoulders. No sense in getting upset over something that you most likely cannot change. I say just forget about them and let them soak in their glory.... then dont help them the next time they need it. XD

Vometia, yes, its normal to expect to have some credit given to you if you indeed did help as much as you claim on it. Unfortunately we live in a selfish world and im not surprised that this person didnt give you any credit in any way, shape, or form. Personally, i'd just let it roll off my shoulders. No sense in getting upset over something that you most likely cannot change. I say just forget about them and let them soak in their glory.... then dont help them the next time they need it. :lmao:

I sent a polite reminder and got a reply informing me that I can't expect them to give credit to everyone. But apparently they can expect to use other people's work without any sort of acknowledgement. On the one hand it wasn't a lot of work and it was given voluntarily; but on the other it seems a rather lousy principle and I'm not really big on people taking the credit for someone else's effort, especially if that someone else is me. I dunno, it's more excusable if it's just ignorance of etiquette, but when you point it out and they still refuse...

Well sod 'em. Last time I help out. (Actually it won't be the last time, at least once I simmer down, but I'm unlikely to help them again.)

At this juncture I feel I should give some clarification: the chap who I helped out actually had given me credit, just using a little-known feature; he amended this as soon as I mentioned it to him. But the person who then incorporated his work into a sort of "meta-mod" didn't, and additionally refused to do so when it was pointed out to him.

I'm not going to publicly name names until it's resolved one way or another, but I would like to say that the guy I helped out isn't to blame here.

Wow, it's a wonder that no one got hurt!

I reckon it is some gas related malfunction? Either that, either your neighbour had some arsenal inside! :lmao:

Yeah, I think boiler embuggerments are often the cause of such things. Whatever it was, that sounds more than a little disconcerting: if it happened opposite my house, I'd be hiding under the bed for weeks! XD

A random rant: what is it with all the companies who demand a mobile phone number to do something for which a mobile phone is unnecessary? Want to open a bank account? You need to give us a mobile number. Want to contact our support department? We need your mobile number, even if you've asked us to contact you by email. Want to do your online shopping? Even though we're delivering to your house where you will be with your handy land-line, we want a mobile number. Want to wipe your bum? Mobile number please. Er, you get the idea.

Along with a significant fraction of the population, I don't own a mobile phone. I don't want a mobile, I don't need a mobile, and I'm not inclined to buy something whose charges are so complicated that "even between myself as a mathematics graduate and my wife as a senior accountant, we can't work out the call plan" as a work colleague once commented. Even if I did have a mobile, I wouldn't be giving out its number to just anyone who randomly demanded it because I have no intention of being at the beck and call of everyone and their dog 24 hours a day.

I suppose any company that demands my non-existent mobile number will lose that business to someone who's less idiotic. :shrug: