DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #33

WhoGuru

The mind of an insomniac late at night.

So, I had, what I think is genius, an idea for a game.

The premise of the game is an FPS zombie shooter. However, the twist on this is that its with little kids and Nerf guns. But hang on before you get up in arms over shooting kids, as I have addressed that. (Think along the lines of Call of Duty, but in this setting)

So, the setting is an elementary school playground. For game play purposes, the playground is in a courtyard to address for random spawning around the field. You, are 9-11 year old "Survivor". All the other kids are the zombies. Every zombie kid is just a kid with a paper bad over their head with mean faces drawn in marker.

The survivors job is to hold the jungle gym. Some sort of fortifications can be made. However, you can not just spend your time hiding out. You must venture off to acquire new weapons and find more darts. Though like L4D, you have one default Nerf gun with unlimited darts.

Whenever you shoot a "zombie" the kid will pout, take off his bag mask and walk back inside the school. On occasion, a bully set on ruining the fun will appear. He takes a lot of darts before he begins to cry and run home. And other occasions, teachers will appear to give you detention. Pelt them with enough darts and they will also run back inside.

survive wave after wave, and then you meet the big bad boss. The school principal. He has come to expel you! Fend him off to win the game.

- All Nerf items from the N-Strike series will be scattered throughout the playground. This ranges from things like the the foam knife and shield to the fully automatic, belt fed beasts.

- dart ammo is treated realistically. A 6 round magazine will only have 6, and if you reload, then you lose any remaining darts. This is to keep you looking around and moving. But fear not, there are super magazines, like the 20 round magazine and the 35 round drum. (This type of reloading is nothing knew and works well in strategy based games like Alien Swarm)

- Acquiring the belt fed Nerf gun, you start off with a small belt. Finding belt packs will yield a longer chain, as well as some refill ammo.

Alternate game mode could be an adventure typr thing where you escape your class, and you must navigate the school, avoiding teachers and hall monitors to save fellow kids who are caught by bullies.

Anyhoo, thats all I got. =)

Whenever you shoot a "zombie" the kid will pout, take off his bag mask and walk back inside the school. On occasion, a bully set on ruining the fun will appear. He takes a lot of darts before he begins to cry and run home. And other occasions, teachers will appear to give you detention. Pelt them with enough darts and they will also run back inside.

survive wave after wave, and then you meet the big bad boss. The school principal. He has come to expel you! Fend him off to win the game.

I can picture this as being a very popular Flash-based game.