DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tutorial Suggestions

WhoGuru

To help the Enclave better serve it's students, I thought it would be a good idea to open a thread where new Modders could request a Tutorial on a specific subject, assuming it doesn't already exist of course. :P

This does not mean you will instantly be given what you ask for. First a Modder with the expertise to write the Tutorial and willing to take the time has to see it. :)

To make a suggestion:

Please give as much detail as possible on what it is you would like to see in a Tutorial. If there's a specific area of something you would like more knowledge on, let us know.

To submit a Guest Lecture (Tutorial) if you are a modder:

First, once you've written your Tutorial, please submit it via PM to the Scholar responsible for the Class where you would like to add it, or at least PM the Scholar and ask if it's alright. You can also PM DarkRider a copy of the Tutorial if you're unable to reach one of the Scholars.

Remember, no one likes to read the Wall of Text. Break up your Tutorial with screenshots to better show people how to do what you are explaining. Have a look through some of the existing classes to get an idea.

**To avoid confusion and multiple people working on the same lesson, please post in this thread to say which of the requests you are taking on so we can mark it taken. Thank you!

We'll keep a running list here in the first post, with links to the source post, to make it easy for Modders to find information on a given request.

Requested Skyrim Tutorials:

• None

Taken Skyrim Tutorials:

• None

Completed Skyrim Requests:

• None

Requested Oblivion Tutorials:

Taken Oblivion Tutorials:

Completed Oblivion Requests:

Good idea Red, this should hopefully clean up the class threads some more and be a good place to hold such requests. I can see this getting full rather quick though :D

Request from RedDragonDreamer:

Can I make a request for a script that makes ai work, and also one that uses the random code and the time functions? :thumbup:

I had issues moving the post, so I posted this instead.

I know how to do this now, but when I needed to know how to do it I couldn't find it anywhere. Even on the CSWiki, so this would be nice:

A glow map tutorial

Also, what does he mean by "random code and time functions"? Random code as in GetRandomPercent and all of that? And what exactly does he want to know about the time functions? (you can do a lot with time stuff, timers, get time of day, print time of day in digital format, get day of week, get month, get year, get days passed in the game, make something happen a certain number of days or weeks in the future, etc.)

Also, I noticed the lack of OBSE tutorials here, it would be nice to have something dealing with loops and advanced scripting with OBSE. I know Willie Sea doesn't use OBSE, so I could make one or two if anyone else wants it. I've never made a tutorial, but I'm sure I can write something up that's understandable tongue.gif, considering the amount of little mini tutorials I've made for people here and on BGS.

What exactly is "script that makes ai work"?

NPC AI does not involve scripting, it involves creating packages. Unless I am missing something in translation?

I'm admittedly a bit confused by this request as well...does this refer to calling AI packages in scripts perhaps? that's all I can think of. :lmao:

Is it possible to have a tutorial on how to put clothing mods in to a chest please? I want to be able to put all the mods of clothing that are left in cheats all over the place in one chest.

This would be using clothing from other mods correct?

A tutorial for basic importing of external resources would be the perfect class to cover this I think XD

Edit: Added the request to the list, think I might also take it on :unsure:

I would really like to see a tutorial on how to touch up our screenshots so that they look better. It would also be useful for anyone releasing a mod, people do like a good ss bedore they will download a mod.

Added to the list :wave:

I have a suggestion of my own, not for me, but I think our users could find it handy:

TES4:Gecko usage tutorial - possibly best to cover the basics first then move onto more detailed stuff if/when a user gets to that point.

Added to the list :shrug:

I have a suggestion of my own, not for me, but I think our users could find it handy:

TES4:Gecko usage tutorial - possibly best to cover the basics first then move onto more detailed stuff if/when a user gets to that point.

That would be very welcomed, I would like to know how to makes sense of what I see when I open TES4:Gecko. I would like to learn how to merge mods and clean them also. I find it very overwhelming when I open TES4:Gecko.

Another suggestion, I noticed in the status update that Cheeka is reading/watching GIMP tutorials, well maybe it might be worth us having our own intro tutorials for GIMP and maybe Photoshop that introduces the interface, basic workings and the most common tools a user will using for texturing work.

Not to mention Installation. As I recall, GIMP has some odd requirements? Given that is is probably the best Free editor out there, this seems like a very good idea to me.

Cool IS, a tutorial on the Gimp would be appreciated. Could you address some of the version differences? Also, I use Corel Photo-Paint. somewhat different from Photoshop. I`m sure the basics are all the same with only the buttons and options accessed differently. Adding lens flare in my app just doesn`t seem to want to look like I want it to. Histograms are becomming more and more useful to me, although at first the results were horrid.

Thank you for considering this IS. :shrug:

I know there are guides for mod cleaning, but I have a suggestion for a guide that takes the user through the basics of TES4 Edit. The biggest mod cleaning issue is modders being unfamiliar with the tools they need to use.

Ya beat me here by mere moments...took one look and backed out carefully. Scary thing when ya don`t know what not to do.