DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tutorial Suggestions

WhoGuru

• 4 weeks later...

Can you add to the book tutorial how to add books already on the shelf to take? I tried making one of the dummy books use the lv list, but nothing shows up. I'd love to add books already in the bookcase to id it as such and not just a boring empty shelf.

Is it you who asked about on Bethsoft forums? I gave it a try and adding a levelled list to a DefaultBookShelfBookMarker works; the books show in the bookshelf but not in the container, consequently, they cannot be removed. There is probably a way to do it by adding some scripts but I don't know how to do that.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on how to display an NPC's name in a debug.notification("") ? I'm currently making a magic spell that one a projectile 'hits' the NPC, a status notification is going to appear on the top-left, and i want the name of the target NPC to appear in the notifications no matter what. I looked at the alias pages on the Nexus, but I am confused as to how or if I could even display the name because the NPC reference because the reference gets converted to the base ID of the NPC and is stored in a variable after that.

• 4 months later...

I would like to know more about the blindDataEditor in Maya. It is an important step in the process of taking a set of polygons joined to a rig and exporting it to a nif, but I am having a hard time finding help on the subject. I understand what the editor does, it adds specific information to faces that is not used by Maya itself, but is instead used by a game engine to determine how the faces should interact with the world; but I don't know how to use it. I've been looking at Autodesk's articles about the editor, but there are many things that aren't explained, such as when setting up a template and choosing an ID, do I just pick a number randomly, or are numbers specific to some attribute? Or when entering Long and Short names, can I pick any name? Are the names important to the sections of polygons that I will be choosing?

I would much appreciate any one who would be willing to help me with this part of Maya. I currently have a model that I built that has been completely rigged, weighted, and textured, I just don't know how to finish it with the blindDataEditor.

• 1 year later...

I´ve looked through a few tutorials for modding (Oblivion) so far, but they all seem to be about creating or modifying content. However, I want to (amongst other things) change some mechanics of the game, for example changing the relation between armor and damage reduction.

Can someone point me to where I can learn about this sort of things?

1 hour ago, mightymudcrab said:

I´ve looked through a few tutorials for modding (Oblivion) so far, but they all seem to be about creating or modifying content. However, I want to (amongst other things) change some mechanics of the game, for example changing the relation between armor and damage reduction.

Can someone point me to where I can learn about this sort of things?

Oblivion CK wiki would probably be your best bet.

Been there. Same Problem. Maybe it´s there but I´m not looking at the right place. I´m sure I could cobble something together with scripts but it would be ugly and unwieldy as hell. I´m also sure there´s a more or less clean way to do it, so I´d rather go for that.

To rephrase and probably clear up my question: 1: I´m looking for a way to change the relation between armor value and damage reduction. 2: Another thing I want to do is to make several sources of eg. spell reflection stack multiplicatively, instead of additively.

I have so far no clue about how to tackle these problems, not even where  or how I could learn how to do so. There´s maybe a few more problems along that line, but I´m confident that I can somehow handle things, once I got past these two.

Edited by mightymudcrab

• 8 months later...

Khajiit sees that there are no requests for Skyrim, and so he makes one: Can someone please write a tutorial on how to set up new perks? (out of character) I'm making a mod where you need a specific perk to craft robes. And I don't know how to add that perk to an existing "constellation" or even make a new one, or where to get art assets so the skill menu doesn't end up looking strange. Thank you.