DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Flying BSOD's

Beana

Ok today my computer has decided to BSOD on me now 4 times. I log back in and it says.. windows has encountered an error blah blah... This is the description that's listed..

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 7f

BCP1: 0000000000000008

BCP2: 0000000080050033

BCP3: 00000000000406F8

BCP4: FFFFF80003052EC0

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\101910-37830-01.dmp

C:\Users\Lena\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-628387-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Does anyone have an idea as to what this is? :cookie4u:

:wave: This would happen in the last month I have paying off this thing lol...

My old computer, before I got this one due to it halting any gametime I could do and even play oblivion. The comp would blue screen regularly at start up.. I mean like 5-6 times before it'd settle down. Then if I try to do anything, the game would crash or pc would BSOD. This was mainly because my hard drive was dieing.(it was 5 years old or so at the time, kinda about time to get a new one anyways) So I bought a new pc before the old one died on my completely.

I'd check the hard drive, and your RAM just incase they're getting ready to fail and die out completely. RAM is fairly reasonable and cheap as is the hard drive. If you have a stable external hard drive, back up all your important files. and if you really want get a new hard drive. At best it should settle things, at worst it maybe cheaper to get a new pc.

Strongly suggest a virus scan, I just had a similar BSOD this morning and traced it back to a sneaky Java exploit that got past MSSE. It found 12 different infected files, and from those I tracked it back to Megaupload.com. Apparently they're floating infected malware or something there now.

I checked my system with memtest as I'm having bluescreens with games, well Oblivion mostly since that's all I load but I had one with Lotr Online to, the memory checked out ok. I'm guessing since I bought the system overclocked this is what causing it.

Yeah, but, don't you have a tendency to pile on some pretty serious mods? :D Given the quality of screenies you put out, I am surprised I haven't heard your system screaming for mercy from here.......

What we need here is, the Stop Code, and the file it is whining about, from the bluescreen itself. If your system automatically restarts after the event, you gotta be quick to get it, and I don't know anyone THAT quick...... To alter that behavior, Right Click on Computer (in the start menu), and select Properties. Go to the advanced tab, in the startup and recovery section, click on Settings. In the system failure section, Uncheck "automatically restart". Ok your way out of everything, and continue on as normal. Next time you get the blue screen, right down the faulting file name, and the stop code. (don't really need the part in parenthesis, just the first hex code)

Post that, and we might be able to solve this one for ya.

• Upvote 1

Just another random idea to throw about if it's not drivers is the possibility of overheating. I really only mention that as I'm wondering about it myself, but I've had a few BSoDs when running DA:O recently, which tends to thrash all four cores of my CPU, I think suggesting overheating as a possibility. I managed to reduce the number of incidents by turning off the hyperthreading malarky in the BIOS (if there's an actual use for hyperthreading on a personal computer I can't think of it: a modern OS such as Windows 7 will maintain as many threads as you need anyway, so having the CPU do it in addition only adds an extra layer of complexity. Which means more heat, which seems to be verified by those who've tested it out) which might be another thing to look at.

But I suspect what I really need to look at is the vacuum cleaner. He's called "Bastard". Anybody who owns a Dyson will understand why.

I too thought it was heat related but my comp has been sitting on a crate.. one of those plastic ones with a bunch of holes. It is not hot at all :/

The code is 0x0000007F

It happened again while I was posting this. I have ran all the diagnostic tests and they all passed. I will run the memory test WT said tonight to see if it says anything. I also ran a virus scan which came up with 2 viruses... It bsod'd after I got done running the scan and started browsing the net.

I did a search for the errors I was getting mainly sysdata and minidump part of that error and came up with several things... one I found was kinda interesting since it names ES in it lol... My link\

Thank you all so much for all your help so far :D

I too thought it was heat related but my comp has been sitting on a crate.. one of those plastic ones with a bunch of holes. It is not hot at all :/

Sometimes the CPU's cooler can get clogged up with dust, fluff, gravel, small children etc which means even if the rest of the case is reasonably cool, it can still overheat, especially under load. Sometimes worth checking up on occasionally regardless, though be very careful when using a vacuum cleaner inside the computer as you can get static discharges (i.e. don't touch anything with it!)

But I think at this point the viruses you found are the prime suspect, so they need to be thoroughly eradicated if you haven't already done so. Although someone better versed in the art of virus slaying and cleanup might want to offer further comments in that regard as it's not really my area of expertise...

Don't use a vacuum cleaner AT ALL, for the reason Vometia listed. Static discharge. The mere act of sucking air generates static electricity, which most certainly is NOT your computers friend. A can of "air", or something similar is best.

Minidump is just the O/S dropping everything currently in memory into a file of some sort. It means something to some tech at Microsoft, but, not much to anyone else. What file was the blue screen whining about?

Blue screen was whining about 0x0000007F

and when I came back on it was different number variations of dump files and sysdata.xml error originating in some folder I couldn't even locate. I could easily find the appdata folder in Vista but for whatever reason I cant find it. I even tried to find it as if it were hidden to no avail. The instructions consisted of deleting that particular folder as well as the items in the dump folder. I did the dump folder... it seems to be working?