DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

where your forum name came from

Nihternnes

Well mine's easy. XD I adore the British show Doctor Who. Have since I was 6. I'm so much of a Doctor Who geek, commonly known as a Whovian, that my friends have been calling me the Guru of Doctor Who trivia since I was a teenager.

and so...WhoGuru was born. Who+Guru ie: Guru of Doctor Who.

:salute: and no one ever catches that. :huh:

If I say "oh, that's my name", I imagine not many people are going to believe me...

It comes from my Oblivion character. A latecomer to RPGs for no apparent reason, I was previously used to "here's your character, he's (because it was always a he) called Dave/Gordon/Smeg/whatever"; suddenly faced with "your character needs a name", I was stumped. I even went so far as to scour the guides for lore-correct names, but I didn't like any of them; or those I did liked didn't really fit my character.

After agonising about it for what was seemingly an eternity, I combined what I saw as a cheesy fantasy stereotype with some gratuitous silliness, Conan's "Red Sonja" with Pratchett's "Vometia" and ended up with "Red Vometia". Summed up my character well enough, but it backfired and I quickly regretted it. Soon enough I renamed her, keeping the "Vometia" part but appending a much more mundane surname, "Smith".

It still sounds ridiculous, but after that much effort, I decided I was keeping it no matter what, and as such I've kept the name going for my various forum personae. Which makes sense since that original character follows me about wherever I get a choice in the matter, and has become my not-very-alter ego in the intervening years.

This name is one I've used off and on for a long time. It's named after a bejeweled dragon of the alps, which has a carbuncle which adorns it's head and is according to lore used for the dragon's sight, also it is worth a lot. I've been a fan of dragons as a whole since I was.... 4-5ish.

My username does not exist on indiscriminate google searches, when excluding references to my whereabouts.

Hence, it is my username for everywhere I go, and so far, I've had no problems with someone else using that name. :D

One of my goals involve gaining formal, legally recognized ownership of my username too, so nobody gets rich using a name, that far as random google searches are concerned, was my invention! :)

In Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, Grond is the name of the great battering ram that broke the gates of Minas Tirith.

But that ram was named after the Hammer of the Underworld, a mace wielded by Morgoth, who was Sauron's boss, and a bigger, badder dude. :D

My username has always been a bit of a strange topic. Long ago, I was introduced to role playing. I took to it quite rapidly, partially because my life at the time was bringing me down.

I was informed of a semi-secret RP board on GameFAQS, and I was asked to join. I knew of the site, that's where I went for my info on games. But I first had to register before I could post, so I decided to pick a username that I'd be able to use in the RP as a name for my character. Since my character was a teddies experiment with chainsaws for hands, and various other inhuman(er, insquirel?) things, I picked a serial number type name.

I didn't end up joining said semi secret RP board, but I found a username that was never taken and suited my blend of madness well.

I have no clue about mine, honestly I don't. But if someone does know, can they tell me?

InsanitySorrow? Because it sounds cool? :D

Rowan Keltizar is the protagonist of a screenplay I've been working on for about 6 years now. It's closely paralleled with the Dark Spire plot because writing on one story has helped me improve the plot of the other. Rowan is also the name of the story/movie itself, in the style of the old epics like Beowulf, Ben Hur, Hamlet, etc... The story is set in the post apocalyptic future of another world (with three moons) which is held in a stagnant twilight by a massive evil tower. After meeting a winged angelic being who falls into his backyard, an old man takes it upon himself to destroy the tower with a magical flaming sword and bring about the cleansing and rebirth of his world.

I had originally tried to start filming the movie with my friends BEFORE I had even finished the script and I acted as the main character. This turned out to be a disaster... although quite fun. The story has since evolved into something completely different than what it started as.

I chose Rowan as the name for this character because of the tree that it represented. Here's the wiki on the rowan tree: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan

Keltizar was just a alien sounding name that I thought sounded neat, but the root is Celt.

I chose Rowan as my screen name because I wanted to remind myself about the screenplay whenever I saw it, and also because I couldn't think of anything better. It was short and easy to type....