DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

where your forum name came from

Nihternnes

I can't even pronounce that... Vain-a-mow-in-en?

I can pronounce it and I think it's something like this.

Do you remember Wayn the Fighter's Guild smith from Morrowind?  If you say Wayn with an 'i' instead of an 'y' before the 'n' and add an 'a' after the 'n' then you're close to "Vaina" in Vainamoinen.

The second piece of word 'moinen' is similar to two words together 'inon' (the word 'in' and 'on' without being separated as two words) and that's is close to Vainamoinen.

• 2 months later...

Xxbtztrl (Zib-uh-dist-ar-le)

Xxbtztrl is a spell from the RPG PC game called Divine Divinity, it is a teleportation spell created by the Imps, and in the lore of Divine Divinity, the Imps aren't very fond of vowels lol. The spell was used multiple times to transport the player as well as other important NPCs to an ancient temple where they gathered to help the chosen divinity save the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Terzaerian (TER-zare-ian)

One of the many pseudonyms for characters I've made up over the years that I liked so much I adopted it for general use; this one serves as my general gaming handle and you can find me using it on Steam, the Nexus sites, Planet Minecraft, and more.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I already explained that on my profile but here the longer story. The name Gramblosh which is actually "Gramblosh, son of Migosch", originates from a game called "Das Schwarze Auge: Drakensang" (in englisch it was called "The Dark Eye: Drakensang") that is based on the German RPG setting Das Schwarze Auge. The name was given to me randomly by the game when I wanted to play a dwarven character, I liked it, so I kept it. Sound strong, a bit stubborn and straight forward. Then I needed a name to register on a forum and I took that one. Over the years Gramblosh (or sometimes Gram Blosh) and the dwarven avatar became something like my trademark. I am using them on a couple of websites not only gaming site including my own one.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

This is a good thread for getting to know people, should  be right under introductions in my opinion.

Anyway, mine is not near as creative as all yours are but  here goes.

Mine is simply a cypher of my name and title. Cyber ; Greek "to steer"  as in 'Captain  U.S. merchant mariner', and Nike;  Greek "victory"  which is my last name translated into greek from German ( Sieg=Victory=Nike)

Hence 'Cyber Nike'  which roughly translates to = 'Captain Sieg', my name and title.

And the s in "Cybernike(s) means many which acknowledges my ancestors who held similar titles.

And there you have it nothing fancy or mysterious, as the song goes  " I'm just a son of a son of a sailor...."

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, she does not play games they all look alike to her! I took her for a walk through of 'Wolkenheim's' underwater dungeons and the village, and I'm pretty sure that is her first look 'inside' any game. Although I've modded more than a few games for the boys, Mount and Blade, Civ5, and Mercs2 etc, she probably could not tell you which was which.

And the Bears, well they all have their own personailities and are fully 'voice acted' by me! :D