DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

where your forum name came from

Nihternnes

Oh wow, my user name has a long history, and has many meanings. I'll try to make it brief.

In the Air Force, my call name was Lone Wolf, because I was an ace pilot who, not only was better than everyone else in the air, often left his partners behind....

No, not really, but I always thought that'd be a cool pilot's call name.

Seriously though, my usual name for gaming characters and anything that needs an alias is Lonewolf. Obvious this is problematic because of it's popularity. Thus _Kai has been added to the end, though I always try a form of Lonewolf first. I'll get the meaning of the Kai part in a second. First, the origins of my choosing Lonewolf. I am a loner in real life, even with having my own family (used to be a pretty bad one too before marriage and college). I also like wolves in general, especially grey wolves. Since the loners in a wolf pack are refered to as a "lone wolf" the name fits perfectly. But this is not the only reason for my choosing of such a call name. When I was very young and actually became interested in reading in middle school, I discovered and fell in love with these books: (wiki on book series) So, paired with this, my alias was born.

The second part of my name, people assume it to be an actual name, but The "Kai" part has to do with that same book series linked above. Within the series, it has several meanings in itself, including the sun or the god Kai. I adopted it for the times when I can't use Lonewolf alone. The Kai part also has multiple meanings to me as well. Because of the series, I've become obsessed with flaming weapons within my fantasy games/stories, thus Kai, meaning sun in the book series, represents that flaming sword. Also since a god is named Kai in the series, I apply it to actual life. In this case, I use Kai with the Lonewolf tag to also mean "A lone wolf of God," which in itself is multi-meaning and it's probably not what you're thinking.... It's complicated.

Well, that was certainly longer than I wanted it to and there are some other things I've left out, but there have it.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

Well I thought Tony Starks was pretty cool even before the Ironman movies came out, but I gave it a twist and made it StarX. Didn't want to use my Age of Empires nicks for modding as BKH_Inferno would be a bit over the top for a forum name methinks. :)

Mine's kind of mundane really. Normally online I go with Samson, which is the character name I've used in every RPG I've played since Bard's Tale. Wasn't even my pick, that was the name of one of the pregenerated characters that game came with :)

One of the games I played eons ago asked for a last name, and wouldn't continue if I didn't supply one, so I just randomly thought one up - Arthmoor. The last name eventually became the name for the boss character in a palace I made for a MUD I used to run, and got used to identify the MUD hosting business I still do on the side.

When I registered at BGS, the name Samson was taken, so I just used Arthmoor instead. Same deal happened on Nexus. So it's more or less become my online identity in the TES community now.

Joben is the first two letters of my given name, and the first 3 of my middle name. Jonathan Benjamin

I've had this name a very long time...it's origin its getting a bit fuzzy...I think it had something to do with inventing a Star Wars character of myself when some friends and I decided it would be fun to Photoshop ourselves into Star Wars CCG cards. I then used it for my character in an MMO, and maybe an old AIM handle...it just kinda stuck.

It's gone well beyond a forum name at this point.

My friends seldom call me anything else.

By meaningless coincidence it's a Japanese name, it means 'clean' or something.

• 9 months later...

well a few years back lucasarts started a game series called star wars battlefront and it quickly gained popularity and then they made star wars battlefront 2,

they did so well with the star wars battlefront franchise that they decided to make a third one it never made it to the stores,However one of the things they had in plan was to create it in a diferent timeline where obi wan went to the darkside,

thus when the game was ready for release it never was.

from then on I have taken the title of Darthkenobi

Edited by Darthkenobi

Got my name from Magnus, the Ayleid god of magic, light and insight, the architect of Nirn. (Which he abandoned just before it was finished, much like my goldfishiness. :P ) and then Mannimarco, King of the Necromancers/God of Worms. Went on to swap one half of Mannimarco with Magnus, Magnusmarco didn't sound right, Mannimagnus did, (so, half light, half darkness, yin yang, shade of grey etc. :lmao: ) and that's how I got my name. :)

Since this thread is alive an well again, I'll contribute. :)

"Lanceor" was one of King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table. I randomly picked a name from a list of Authurian knights when naming my 1st Edition AD&D paladin.

Since then, I've been using it for medieval fantasy games whenever I've played a paladin or knight type character.

Mine comes from Greek mythology. Arion was a poet that was cast overboard by pirates and was saved by dolphins.

Looking it up there is that tale as well as one where Arion was "is a divinely-bred, extremely swift immortal horse which, according to the Latin poet Sextus Propertius, was endowed with speech." Reference wikipedia

Seems the name also discribes a minor character from the console role-playing game Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Interesting backgrounds to things ..

• 1 month later...

Mine I made up for myself for an online RP forum for the TV series Battlestar Galactica. Dunno, CounterPoint had a pilot's callsign ring to it at the time. Been my online username ever since for gaming related stuff. I would have it for Windows live too, but some bastard took my name. :(

Hey lanceor, you wouldn't happen to have an account over at taleworlds by the same name, now would you? Please say no. :P

Originally my name was Echonite. So ill go off that.

Echonite was a name I came up for a mythical ore, it was a black obsidian-like rock with a deep red/purple shine to it. I based the ore look off the "Jade" rocks in the MMO Guild Wars (Long story if you don't know what it is)

My current name "_echo" was what I started using to sign messages. I added the _ to make it different from the norm, and decided against using a capital E just to be different. And since people mostly call me "Echo", is was a fitting change.