DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

where your forum name came from

Nihternnes

I had to google off-piste but now that I know what it means all I can say is:  You want to play, prepare to pay.  :lmao:  Great story!  :lmao:

Exactly! don't take on anything unless you are ready to take the consequences! Yea, I have always found it to bring smiles or laughter to the people who read it or hears it. But I don't care it's a fun story, a good example on stupidity. But I tell it anyway, I am not ashamed of the fact. I see it like my buttocks won over a tree stump! hehe. Buns of steel!

I don't ski, and never have. Although there is a ski slope only 30 minutes away... :lol:

So I also had to google off-piste. So nobody else has to search for its meaning, it means 'back country skiing'. I was sort of thinking it meant something else...

Glad your alright after that adventure with no permanent damage. :D

I'm sure it's no problem that can't be overcome by the versatility provided by a straw!

Or a drinking hat! That would serve two purposes: it'd keep the beer flowing and protect your head when you crash. :pubsong: 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use moose in many things because they are odd looking and funny looking and I seem to see them frequently.  When I had to come up with a user name for Steam I was about to start playing Skyrim and had decided to be an elf first.  Elfmoose seemed more logical (and less silly) than MooseElf.

XD  Awesome stories from everybody! 

Mine comes from the fact my last name is Wallace and some friends used to call me Walrus. This is the first forum I've been able to grab just Walrus on though. So if you see a Walrus-Man or JGWalrus anywhere, it's most likely me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using Ithlia for ummm.. gads... 17? ... 18 years?  Something like that.  I played an online text game and when you were rolling up a character it had a name generator that would spit out a few names at a time.  I was using the generator because it was damn hard to get a name that wasn't taken. People would get a name and then take every spelling variation of the name because in a text game your name was very important.  Anyway, as I said I was using the generator and Ithylra was spit out which I sort of liked.  I played with it a bit and Ithlia was created. I've been using that name ever since.

Edited by Ithlia

• 4 weeks later...

I had this name long before Skyrim.

A lexicon, a vast store of knowledge. I've always been the "brainiac" in my RL community, though I'm honestly not that smart (I don't think I am; I can grasp logical concepts and such far more quickly than the average person). Also, a Lexicon was a weapon used by my favourite character in the Kingdom Hearts series (awesome game).

So, it has nothing to do with Septimus Signus.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I play Twilight as well and once I saw the Nether Imps well I fell in love with them.  They are so helpless and cute, I couldn't help from not getting attached.  On those forums having to do with Twilight, yep you guessed it my name is NetherImpsAreOurFriends.

So it wasn't really hard to come up with my name on Oblivion Forums, seeing I like the Scamps.....  I am quite attached to my constant 4 companions that roam Tamriel with me and my land Dreigh.   :P

My name origins from a sentence one of my first pen&paper characters used to say a lot. The char was a thief named Clepto and in my D&D group i was mostly send ahead of the group to check for traps and alike. Whenever i told them i couldnt find anything there was usually at least one in the group having doubts and so i replied: Dont worry - its super safe. After a while they started calling me Dwiss instead and i kept it for many characters as in Everquest, Everquest2, Ultima Online etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Long long ago, in an MMO far far away I decided I wanted to make a character.  Always like druids, growing up in the woods and needed a sufficiently druidy name.  I like Gandalf too, but that name is too well known as an old wizzerd.  Finnish lore suggests Gandalf was inspired by Vainamoinen which... just say it... you can't stop.  It's so fun.  Like Banana, only magical.

My friends quickly decided it took too long to type.  So they called me Vain.  As time has gone on it's been even further shortened to everyone calling me V but you can't have a one letter name on anything.  Plus, I'm so Vain I think that this thread is about me.

• Upvote 1