DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Can't save my scripts in New Vegas GECK?!

RetroNutcase

Topic says it all. After making a request to fix a couple issues I had with Fallout NV's ammo crafting, I decided to fix it myself by working on my own mod to do such.

Then I figured, why stop there? As long as I'm making it possible to craft more kinds of ammo, why not throw some of my own into the mix? Unfortunately...That's where I hit trouble. I'm attempting to create a poison round that will be used by a unique .22 Silenced Pistol (Not sure what I'm gonna call it yet, part of me says Venomous .22, or something simpler like the ChemGun).

Currently, the idea is this, I create an effect (Enchantment type, to inflict poison and other conditions on the target), then have the ammo type perform a CIOS function (Cast Immediate on Self) as the impact script. I got the idea from .50 cal Incendiary Rounds which use a similar function to set the target on fire, by performing a CIOS via scripting that puts fire effects on the victim.

So, I wrote a script to perform this action, but...I can't save it. Literally, no matter what way I try to do it, clicking save, compiling scripts, closing and choosing the save...GECK will NOT save my script! And as a result, I'm stuck on crafting custom poison ammo for this weapon I'm working on until, well...I can actually get some help in figuring why I can't save my scripts. :/

That said, my goal with this weapon I'm including in my little ammo project is basically going to be a spiritual successor to Fallout 3's Dartgun, with a variety of poisons to make it a nice, multifunctional weapon for any assassin. Unfortunately, yeah....Can't save the darn scripts. Help?

(This has been copypasted from the Elder Scrolls/Fallout Nexus as recommended by a moderator in chat there)

As far as I know, the script should be fine. It's basically a copy of an existing CIOS script, just with a different effect being called...So why won't it save?

Some scripting errors do NOT show a message. But the script will still not save. Post your script.

This could probably be moved to the scirpting forum.

Also, there are easier ways then using CIOS to add the flame effect to a 'hit' target. I do this for my Solar Scorcher mod, you should check it out sometime to see how I did it. It also includes a custom critical death animation.