DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

FO3 to FO:NV Port

Zayltsin

Hey everyone, I've recently been porting FO3 mods into FO:NV, mostly weapons and armour.

Now I've found a weapon that I'd like to port to NV but it gets complicated very quickly.

I'm a real gimpy newbie at the GECK and well this port totally threw me.

The mod is: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14277

I'd really like to have this gun in NV as I'm a Warhammer fan and anything Warhamemr = win.

If any one can actually do this port directly but show me how they did it, that would be perfect.

I can get the gun ingame fine, but from there onwards I'm at a total loss :rofl:

Well that's the thing, I dont even know what it uses for ammo. This is what the author says:

Description:

This Mod Places an downscaled Tyranid Impaler Cannon in the Abandoned Tent.

The weap do not use ammo since it grows the bone spikes inside the weap, but since your character is not a Tyranid, there are only limited Bio-mass reserves to do it (low durability), which you can replenish bu feeding it (repair with) Bio-mass. Theres also a Pyrovore (google it!) Larva which you can feed organic matter to get bio-mass.

As the weapon is living, breathing thing it sometimes has things to "say" (not anything comprehensible thou)

Oh, and one IMPORTANT notice, sine both the larva and the cannon are living things, and fairly hostile

to anything non-Tyranid:

DO NOT TRY TO USE THEM WITHOUT AN INTERFACE SYMBIOTE, OR THEY WILL TAKE YOUR HAND OFF.

Can be repaired w. Bio-Mass

Ignores weap resistance an pin limbs (like rail rifle). Automatic but about 180 round per minute fire rate, and kind of high dmg.

Uses custom:

-scope

-sounds

-projectile

As I said, other than getting the mesh and texture in the game I can't work out what else to do.

I'll have to find my Fallout 3 disc's and install it.

I'll let you know what I find once I've gotten around to it.

Edit: I opened it up in the FO3 geck and it kept crashing the geck for some reason so I'm not going to bother porting the mod, as nice as it is it can wait for a while.

Edited by Zayltsin