DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

NifScope Inserting nodes

stankirby

In Nifscope how do you make an inserted block "nested" to the block above?

In Block List I used Spells / Block / Insert

I have inserted an NIControllerManager as node 3

I want an NIMultiTargetTransformController as node 4 and want it to appear in tree as nested or shifted right in list

then

I want an NIControllerSequence as node 5 and want it to appear in tree as nested or shifted right in list

Stymied but not blocked!!!! LOL

Thank you

Stan Kirby

The two methods I've used are to right-click on what I intend to be the parent in the block list and add/paste/whatever, or if it's a block that's already there and in the wrong place, I'll look at the block details and find the number of children (or properties or whichever is applicable), increase by one, click on the green arrows to reload the array, click on the left arrow to expand the list and manually enter the number of the block I'm moving. And then do the reverse to remove it from its original position; I think cut & paste is probably easier, though. :rofl: (Hopefully that makes sense: I'm afraid I'm not noted for the clarity of my explanations...)

>> I have inserted an NIControllerManager as node 3

NiControllerManager is completely different kind of animal than other NiNodes and branches. Normally if you want to build NCM from scratch you can copy/insert all blocks anywhere you want and then you need to link all those via their certain properties in block details window.

As for NCM itself it must be linked to Controller property of main NiNode.

And you do not need to care about order of the branches as this will be sorted by NifSkope on save when its Auto Sanitize option is on.

>> I want an NIMultiTargetTransformController as node 4 and want it to appear in tree as nested or shifted right in list

You do not need this block for anything. Oblivion doesn't use it at all. It is just a remnant of 3ds max exporter. If you want to create NCM in NifSkope from scratch then don't bother with this block - just one thing less to make any errors and to worry about...

>> I want an NIControllerSequence as node 5 and want it to appear in tree as nested or shifted right in list

NCS is linked in two-way with NCM.

NCM has Num Controller Sequences property, you need to type 1 there, and refresh the array of Controller Sequences and type id number of NCS there. Next you need to type id number of NCM in Manager property of NCS. Then save your nif, and Nifskope should sort the branches properly.

Highlight your NiControllerManager line.

In Block Details the first line is Next Controller. This equals your NiMultiTargetTransformController. Double click on "value" and enter the corresponding line number.

Scroll down (still in Block Details) to Controller Sequences. Click the little triangle to the left of it to open the tree. Again, double click on "value" and enter corresponding line number of your "forward" and "backward" lines (or whatever you have called the playgroup).

See this tutorial for more details. :rofl:

Vometia, Trolff, Hana..............................thank you for the excellent replies! :lmao:

Windmill Tilter graciously took my NIF and fixed it for me! :hugs:

Now I will make me some working copies and using your responses will try and create my own.

TESA is only the BEST!!!!!!

:D and :lmao: to you all!

Stan Kirby

StanKirby, thank you for posting this question. I am totally confused by nifskope but am learning bit by bit about how things link up. It`s posts like this that feed me info so that little bt little it becomes more clear. Thank you also, all the respondents as it`s your answers that provide us the material we need to grow. :D