DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQz] Custom WorldSpace for my WIPz mod.

DsoS

Who would I ask to have a island built in a new world space, so I can import it in to a current mod being built?

I've tried it a few times, and I can not get the island to look like I want it to. The land is either too high and steep, or to low at areas that needs to be higher.

I'm working on the drawing of the island. I need to make a few copies and draw up the features and locations of a few landscaping issues.

The island would need:

• a impassible mountain range (actually 2 mountain ranges with space in between each mountain). The Mountain range would continue off the map past the 20x20 cell grid, so players do not walk around it. The double mountains will contain a really nice area made from uber large rocks, filled with water, trees, plants, flora, creatures (vanilla rats, mud crabs, deer), and other stuff. (This area is currently setup as a Interior Cell :bagged: ). This part of the map must be below water level.
  • Beach area moving into the base of the mountains, then after the mountains, the land would be elevated to high area with tall cliffs (around 5,000 units in height)
  • land must be flat in certain areas (so I can place building, fort-ruins, houses and a few other things. I’m currently working on drawing up a map of the features.)
  • no larger than 20x20 cell grid (hopefully)

I might post more, I just have to post it before I leave work. Its mostly complete with all the important stuff. So answers are welcome.

If anyone would be willing to do this, I would be extremely happy and forever be in your debt. :clap::wicket:

I say you CAN do it! I say you MUST do it! :rofl:

Are you using the heightmap editor? he asks innocently. XD

I suspect you've seen it but here's the Wiki page. Roll up your sleeves and prepare to get 'muddy' because it's gonna have to end with you using the Landscape Editor to soften splits and tears from errors, make treacherous mountain paths, soft seashores, and plateaus for towns.

But that's the fun of it. :rofl:

EDIT - Beautiful picture!!

I have tried the Height Editor.

I don't have the steady hands to create it. I've tried it about a dozen times. and its always screwed up in one way or another.

For the shape of the island I'm not able to "map" it out. My hands aren't able to make small adjustments. (I broke my wrist about 5 years ago, and lost a lot of movement with it!)

Trust me, if I hadn't tried it already, I'd be doing it myself.

Thank you for the compliment on the map. I found on Google images a link to those pictures and many more. They were created by, a person, with the screen name of "nicubunu" I won't give a link cause of some of his/her other clip-art is well above PG-13.

The mountains, caves, trees, buildings, docks, fort things, were done by him/her... the water and the land was done by me.

Would you be doing the in-detail cluttering of it? Last time I tried to make a very small world space I didn't know about the region editor and spent a week making each rock. If you do the cluttering and region editor stuff, I can give the landscape a shot.

As for the mountains, I'd suggest using collision boxes or border regions to prevent player passage. Just have that stick out into the ocean instead of mountains. It isn't realistic, but more aesthetically pleasing. Also: heights are notorious for being unpredictable for keeping a player out. A border region would probably be the best way.

Yeah, I'll be placing every rock, tree, plant, flora, etc in the area.

I will have border regions set to 20x20 (or 5x5 over the overall size of the island.).

I have though about using collision boxes, but to do even a small area would take a lot of them, even set at 10.00 size.

I also thought about have the main mountains being tall, and then getting smaller (like they would do in real life) and use collision boxes on top of them.

I'll have to look into everything again, last time I tried to use that Region Editor I couldn't get anything right :/