DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

No Sound in Game

Sealwarrior

Greetings everyone,

I am truly sorry for posting this, but I could really use a suggestion with this problem. A few days ago, the audio in Oblivion had suddenly stopped working (all audio... sounds, music, etc.) I do not believe that there was anything to have prompted this, as I had not updated any sound drivers that or added any new mods to my game that day. I had posted this problem on the BethSoft forums, but only got one response (thank you very much for the suggestion HeyYou.) I have searched for a solution for a good while now, and have tried a variety of fixes. I have tried refreshing the game's ini file, updating my sound drivers, updating audio codecs... But only one had worked, and even that was only for a brief duration. Uninstalling and then reinstalling my sound drivers fixes this problem for the first Oblivion playthrough, but if I run the game after that all returns to silence. At this point, I believe that I will have to uninstall the game, something I have no wish to go through again. If anyone has any suggestions, I would gladly hear them. Thank you.

Sealwarrior

• Upvote 1

A couple of things ...

Is the sound only affected in OB?

If yes, I'm not sure what it could be, possibly a corrupted file..

If no and its affecting other aspects then I would consider it hardware related. Sound card or onboard sound.

Arg..

Sorry, that was foolish of me. Yes, it only affects Oblivion, but I have no idea why. I do have an onboard soundcard, as well as the necessary mods to make Oblivion run smoothly with this limitation, if that helps.

Are you possibly using a music enhancement mod? Like Enhanced Music Control? (shooting in the dark here) There are a few others just can't think of their names. Possibly its in there. I use EMC and its an OBSE plugin instead of a esp file.

Not sure what the problem is so hoping to toss out a couple of ideas that might help you or trigger something that you remember.

Sometimes onboard sounds and video cards disagree about who gets to do what and when while 3d applications are running. Check to see if there's an IRQ conflict between the two.

Also, if the Windows Audio service gets stopped for any reason, Oblivion will automatically set its in-game master volume to 0.

A couple of things that may be relevant.

Since you're using a soundcard (presumably with hardware acceleration), you should disable the motherboard audio.

Consider reinstalling directx (redistributable is available at Microsoft)

Since directx 11 is not fully backward compatible with directx 9. consider installing directx 9 (available at Microsoft or on your Oblivion disk)

Lastly; when the sound stops, verify that the lines in the oblivion.ini

bMusicEnabled=1

bSoundEnabled=1

did not get set to 0 somehow.

@Arion

Thank you for that. Yes, I was using a music enhancement mod at the time, Better Music System. I had presumed this and its two requirements (Enhanced Music Control being one of them) could be the culprit. I uninstalled both the mod and its mandatory OBSE plugins, but I still have no audio in OB.

@Khettienna

Thank you for the information, as I was not aware of this. How would I check for an IRQ conflict between the two devices? How would I go about fixing this? As for the Windows Audio Service idea, I do not believe that to be a problem. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe I tried several other games and audio applications after OB became mute just to make sure that there was nothing wrong with my hardware. Everything else seems to be working fine. However, whether or not the service was stopped during play time in OB is something I am unsure of.

@Qwaxalot

I apologize if I was incoherent in my first post, as it was a long night of work yesterday and I was kind of in a waking sleep stage of conciousness, but I do not have an external sound card. I am using my motherboard's onboard sound device for my audio, so disabling that would not be a good idea for me. I know I should invest in an individual soundcard to reduce the strain on my CPU, but I have yet to do this. Everything in OB's ini seems to be alright though, with everything enabled (bMusic and bSound) as it should be. I have not tried the DirectX 9 install yet, but I will get to that after I finish my work for today.

There was something I just remembered, and it was Khettienna's post that stirred this revelation. Right before I was having this problem, I installed and update for OBGEv2's .dll that Wrinklyninja posted on the BethSoft forums (I do not believe the team included it in the original package.) I have since uninstalled OBGE, however, and I still have no sound. If there is anything else, I will gladly try any other suggestions. Thanks.

Sealwarrior

Uninstalling and reinstalling DirectX actually sounds like a pretty wise thing to try, also.

Is pretty easy to see if the Windows Audio service is stopped - is your Oblivion master volume at 0 and did you put it that way? :)

Or you can Start --> Run --> services.msc and check to see if it is running. If not, start it manually, then try running Oblivion again. You will have to manually reset the master volume.

re: IRQ conflicts:

Click on Start, click on Control Panel. -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager button -> In Device Manager, select View from the toolbar and then click Resources by Type.

Clicking on the Interrupt Request (IRQ) you can find IRQ settings for various devices in the computer. If you see a conflict. You can right click on that device and go to Properties. Under Resources tab you can see the IRQ settings among other properties. Here for a conflicting device you can deselect the Use Automatic Settings option. After this you can select a non-conflicting configuration from the pull down box and save by pressing OK. For some system devices the operating system may not allow you to change the settings.

An IRQ conflict would show up in every application. Not just one. I don't think that's it.

Another member on the beth boards was having the same problem, reinstalling the klite basic codec pack fixed his issues.

HeyYou is right, I remember this post.

Links:

CODEC RESETS:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/K-Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack_d5230.html

http://nightmare2013.brashendeavors.net/

I apologize for this late response, but my work schedule has owned my soul for the past two days... I am very tired. but I am sustained through a relatively steady consumption of Red Bull. I will test out everything that was posted to see if any alleviate my problem, and edit this post as necessary.

@HeyYou

Thank you for responding, and for providing information on the BethSoft forums. Unfortuantely, I have tried to install K Lite Basic to fix the problem, but met with no success. After this attempt, I went with the K Lite Mega Pack just be positive on this, and was still in silence with Oblivion. I was sure this would help, but it has not. This is probably due to my inexperience however.... I think I am doing something wrong.

@Khettienna

Thank you for explaining this to me... Though common sense on my part would have been useful, for sure. I checked the status of the Windows Audio Service, and even when running Oblivion, it is running. Indeed, I can even play music from the internet or Media Player in the backround during my testing of silent Oblivion. I managed to check for any IRQ conflicts as well, though I found none. As for trying to uninstall directx, i think I might have run into a wall there. It seems I cannot uninstall directx 11, as it is part of Windows 7. I did, however, install the latest directx runtime drivers, but that was unsuccessful as well.

@Qwaxalot

Thank you for providing these links. I have already downloaded the K Lite Megapack and am using it at the moment. The thing I have not tried is the Codec Reset Utility, but only because it was made with Windows XP in mind, while I am currently using Windows 7. Would it still be safe to try this?

Edited by Sealwarrior

Alright, I am now stumped. While I think I can discern why I have no sound, I have no true ideas on how it is causing this, or how to fix it. As I mentioned before in my first post, there is a way for me to get sound working but only for a brief duration. In order to do that, I simply have to uninstall or reinstall my sound drivers everytime I want to play the game. Whichever way I go, I will get sound if I run it.

However, this is where it kind of gets confusing. I can run Oblivion for the first time after adding/removing my sound drivers and everything is just fine. I will have audio as long as the game is running. If, however, I have to stop playing and go to the desktop or turn off the computer (such as for a dinner break, work, etc), the next time I run the game I am without audio again, which is quite.... Demoralizing.

This is what I have been able to prove, but I have no idea why this is happening. If there is something wrong with the codecs, why is it when I reinstall the codec packs (both K Lite Basic and the Megapack variant) does Oblivion remain silent? Why does audio come back after I reinstall/uninstall my previous drivers, even though I have not updated these drivers for quite a while? To be honest, I am at my wits end :).... After installing Oblivion several times with various mods and plugins, I have never ever run into something like this. If anyone else can provide an explanation or helpful advice, even some words of ecouragement, I would be much obliged. Thank you for your time.

Sealwarrior

That is indeed a bizarre one.... And: The codec reset utility does not work with Vista, or, Win7. Nightmare no longer appears to be a part of the community, so, an update is more than likely not going to happen. Unfortunate.....

Ok, I have another suggestion that may, or may not..... help.... Grab yourself some codec control utility. Installed codec, is one such, and reportedly works fairly well. Start by disabling a selection of codecs, and trying the game. See what happens. Still no sound? Disable some more, and try it again. Yep, it is most certainly a tedious process.... but, hopefully, by process of elimination, you can find the codec that is giving you the grief.

Something else, I would like to see a copy of your dxdiag. Just run the utility, save all information, (its a button on the first tab of the utility, wait until the progress bar is finished before clicking it though.) and the copy/paste the whole thing here. Put it in spoiler tags though please, it IS long.......

@HeyYou

Thank you for informing me about the status of the codec reset utility. That is indeed unfortunate news, as such a tool would have been incredibly useful. As for your second suggestion, I will try using Installed Codec now and begin testing. To be honest, I had no idea such a tool even existed. Thank you for providing a link. As for the DirectX diag, here it is:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/16/2010, 17:13:54

Machine name: SIMON-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM

Page File: 2173MB used, 14205MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: NVxx

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E22&SUBSYS_34FC1458&REV_A1

Display Memory: 4065 MB

Dedicated Memory: 993 MB

Shared Memory: 3071 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: ASUS VH242H

Monitor Id: ACI24F3

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.6099 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.6099

DDI Version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 12788840 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: 

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4D62-11CF-3B60-F0141FC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0E22

SubSys ID: 0x34FC1458

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Driver Strong Name: oem28.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section004:8.17.12.6099:pci\ven_10de&dev_0e22

Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C 

Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive 

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch 

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive 

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch 

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive 

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch 

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive 

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch 

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

D3D9 Overlay: Supported

DXVA-HD: Supported

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_1043829B&REV_1004

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys

Driver Version: 6.10.0002.6585 (English)

Date and Size: 6/5/2009 17:42:04, 475136 bytes

Other Files: 

Driver Provider: AnalogDevices

HW Accel Level: Basic

Cap Flags: 0xF1F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No

I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Description: SPDIF Interface (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)

Default Sound Playback: No

Default Voice Playback: No

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_1043829B&REV_1004

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Other Files: 

Driver Provider: AnalogDevices

HW Accel Level: Basic

Cap Flags: 0xF1F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No

I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

---------------------

Sound Capture Devices

---------------------

Description: Microphone (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)

Default Sound Capture: Yes

Default Voice Capture: Yes

Cap Flags: 0x1

Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

Description: Line In (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)

Default Sound Capture: No

Default Voice Capture: No

Cap Flags: 0x1

Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

-------------------

DirectInput Devices

-------------------

Device Name: Mouse

Attached: 1

Controller ID: n/a

Vendor/Product ID: n/a

FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard

Controller ID: n/a

Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Saitek Magic Hotkey Device

Controller ID: 0x0

Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x5081

Device Name: USB Gaming Mouse

Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC049

Device Name: USB Gaming Mouse

Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC049

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

-----------

USB Devices

-----------

+ USB Root Hub

| Vendor/Product ID: 0x10DE, 0x077B

| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub

| Service: usbhub

| Driver: usbhub.sys, 10/23/2009 23:28:24, 343040 bytes

| Driver: usbd.sys, 7/13/2009 19:06:23, 7936 bytes

----------------

Gameport Devices

----------------

------------

PS/2 Devices

------------

+ Standard PS/2 Keyboard

| Matching Device ID: *pnp0303

| Service: i8042prt

| Driver: i8042prt.sys, 7/13/2009 18:19:57, 105472 bytes

| Driver: kbdclass.sys, 7/13/2009 20:48:04, 50768 bytes

| 

+ HID Keyboard Device

| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard

| Service: kbdhid

| Driver: kbdhid.sys, 7/13/2009 19:00:20, 33280 bytes

| 

+ Terminal Server Keyboard Driver

| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd

| Upper Filters: kbdclass

| Service: TermDD

| Driver: i8042prt.sys, 7/13/2009 18:19:57, 105472 bytes

| 

+ HID-compliant mouse

| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse

| Service: mouhid

| Driver: mouhid.sys, 7/13/2009 19:00:20, 31232 bytes

| Driver: mouclass.sys, 7/13/2009 20:48:27, 49216 bytes

| 

+ HID-compliant mouse

| Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC049

| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse

| Service: mouhid

| Driver: mouhid.sys, 7/13/2009 19:00:20, 31232 bytes

| 

+ Terminal Server Mouse Driver

| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou

| Upper Filters: mouclass

| Service: TermDD

| Driver: termdd.sys, 7/13/2009 20:45:55, 62544 bytes

| Driver: sermouse.sys, 7/13/2009 19:00:20, 26624 bytes

------------------------

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives

------------------------

Drive: C:

Free Space: 4.0 GB

Total Space: 143.1 GB

File System: NTFS

Model: WDC WD1500HLFS-01G6U0 ATA Device

Drive: E:

Model: SanDisk SanDisk Cruzer USB Device

Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 18:19:54, 147456 bytes

Drive: D:

Model: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M ATA Device

Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 18:19:54, 147456 bytes

--------------

System Devices

--------------

Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_077E&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&21

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 6.01.7600.16445 (English), 10/23/2009 23:27:33, 51712 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 19:06:31, 324608 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 6.01.7600.16445 (English), 10/23/2009 23:28:24, 343040 bytes

Name: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0760&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&50

Driver: n/a

Name: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05B1&SUBSYS_0C1910DE&REV_A2\4&39FB640C&0&0080

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:45:45, 183872 bytes

Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1200&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&1&C0

Name: LSI 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_11C1&DEV_5811&SUBSYS_82941043&REV_70\4&BC43D68&0&5040

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\1394ohci.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 19:07:13, 227840 bytes

Name: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_077D&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&20

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbohci.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 19:06:30, 25600 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 19:06:31, 324608 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 6.01.7600.16445 (English), 10/23/2009 23:28:24, 343040 bytes

Name: PCI standard ISA bridge

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_075D&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&08

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\msisadrv.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:48:27, 15424 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05B1&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2\5&319E821C&0&100080

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:45:45, 183872 bytes

Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_6121&SUBSYS_612111AB&REV_B2\4&24B7AF7B&0&00A0

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:45:45, 12352 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:45:46, 48720 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:52:21, 24128 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ataport.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:52:21, 155728 bytes

Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_077C&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&11

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 6.01.7600.16445 (English), 10/23/2009 23:27:33, 51712 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_075A&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&40

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05B1&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2\5&319E821C&0&000080

Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E22&SUBSYS_34FC1458&REV_A1\6&5DDE5A&0&00100080

Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\dbInstaller.exe, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 192616 bytes

Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\nvdrsdb.bin, 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 269416 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_disp.inf_amd64_neutral_a1cb21d0d203a75a\NvCplSetupEng.exe, 14.00.0000.0162 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 24168128 bytes

Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\license.txt, 10/8/2010 03:47:00, 15511 bytes

Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi.exe, 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 196200 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvBridge.kmd, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 11240 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 12432616 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\OpenCL.dll, 1.00.0000.0000 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 67176 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvapi64.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 2161256 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvcompiler.dll, 6.14.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 18597480 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvcuda.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 6471784 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvcuvenc.dll, 6.14.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 2934888 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvcuvid.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 3112552 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dumx.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 12788840 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvdecodemft.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 386152 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvinfo.pb, 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 7877 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv64.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 20284008 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 7491688 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\OpenCL.dll, 1.00.0000.0000 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 57960 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvapi.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 1719912 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvcompiler.dll, 6.14.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 13019752 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvcuda.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 4837480 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvcuvenc.dll, 6.14.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 2666600 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvcuvid.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 2912360 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvd3dum.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 10023528 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvdecodemft.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 319080 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvoglv32.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 14899816 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvwgf2um.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 5473896 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvdispco642050.dll, 2.00.0005.0000 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 1500264 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvgenco642030.dll, 2.00.0003.0000 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 1308776 bytes

Name: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_077B&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&10

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbohci.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 19:06:30, 25600 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0759&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&30

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:45:45, 12352 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:45:46, 48720 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:52:21, 24128 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ataport.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 20:52:21, 155728 bytes

Name: PCI standard RAM Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0568&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&0C

Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E22&SUBSYS_34FC1458&REV_A1\6&2C748E1&0&00000080

Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\dbInstaller.exe, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 192616 bytes

Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\nvdrsdb.bin, 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 269416 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_disp.inf_amd64_neutral_a1cb21d0d203a75a\NvCplSetupEng.exe, 14.00.0000.0162 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 24168128 bytes

Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\license.txt, 10/8/2010 03:47:00, 15511 bytes

Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi.exe, 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 196200 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvBridge.kmd, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 11240 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 12432616 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\OpenCL.dll, 1.00.0000.0000 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 67176 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvapi64.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 2161256 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvcompiler.dll, 6.14.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 18597480 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvcuda.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 6471784 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvcuvenc.dll, 6.14.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 2934888 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvcuvid.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 3112552 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dumx.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 12788840 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvdecodemft.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 386152 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvinfo.pb, 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 7877 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv64.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 20284008 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 7491688 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\OpenCL.dll, 1.00.0000.0000 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 57960 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvapi.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 1719912 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvcompiler.dll, 6.14.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 13019752 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvcuda.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 4837480 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvcuvenc.dll, 6.14.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 2666600 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvcuvid.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 2912360 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvd3dum.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 10023528 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvdecodemft.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 319080 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvoglv32.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 14899816 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\SysWow64\nvwgf2um.dll, 8.17.0012.6099 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 5473896 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvdispco642050.dll, 2.00.0005.0000 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 1500264 bytes

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\nvgenco642030.dll, 2.00.0003.0000 (English), 10/16/2010 13:55:00, 1308776 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_077A&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&A0

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0754&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&00

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1204&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&1&C4

Name: High Definition Audio Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0BEB&SUBSYS_34FC1458&REV_A1\6&5DDE5A&0&01100080

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 19:06:13, 122368 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_077A&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&98

Name: Coprocessor

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0753&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&0B

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1203&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&1&C3

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0BEB&SUBSYS_34FC1458&REV_A1\6&2C748E1&0&01000080

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/13/2009 19:06:13, 122368 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0778&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&80

Name: NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0752&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&09

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1202&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&1&C2

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AD0&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&48

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0774&SUBSYS_82C01043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&38

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0751&SUBSYS_82E71043&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&1&0A

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1201&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&1&C1

------------------

DirectShow Filters

------------------

DirectShow Filters:

WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7600.16385

WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7600.16385

WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,6.01.7600.16385

MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,mp3dmod.dll,6.01.7600.16385

Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp4sdecd.dll,6.01.7600.16385

WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsdecd.dll,6.01.7600.16385

WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,wmvdecod.dll,6.01.7600.16385

Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp43decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385

Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mpg4decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385

DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7600.16385

Screen Capture filter,0x00200000,0,1,wmpsrcwp.dll,12.00.7600.16385

AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,6.01.7140.0000

AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7600.16648

StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Microsoft TV Captions Decoder,0x00200001,1,0,MSTVCapn.dll,6.01.7600.16385

MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

CBVA DMO wrapper filter,0x00200000,1,1,cbva.dll,6.01.7600.16385

MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7600.16385

MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7600.16648

Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,6.06.7600.16385

SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7600.16385

Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7600.16385

ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,,

Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7600.16385

WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7600.16385

VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,6.01.7600.16385

File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7600.16385

iTV Data Sink,0x00600000,1,0,itvdata.dll,6.06.7600.16385

iTV Data Capture filter,0x00600000,1,1,itvdata.dll,6.06.7600.16385

DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Microsoft TV Subtitles Decoder,0x00200001,1,0,MSTVCapn.dll,6.01.7600.16385

Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,,

RDP DShow Redirection Filter,0xffffffff,1,0,DShowRdpFilter.dll,

Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7600.16385

WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7600.16385

MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7600.16648

DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,6.06.7600.16385

SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.06.7600.16385

MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7600.16385

Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,6.01.7600.16385

StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,,

AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

NetBridge,0x00200000,2,0,netbridge.dll,6.01.7600.16385

AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,6.01.7140.0000

StreamBufferSink2,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7600.16385

AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Media Center Extender Encryption Filter,0x00200000,2,2,Mcx2Filter.dll,6.01.7600.16385

AudioRecorder WAV Dest,0x00200000,0,0,WavDest.dll,

AudioRecorder Wave Form,0x00200000,0,0,WavDest.dll,

SoundRecorder Null Renderer,0x00200000,0,0,WavDest.dll,

Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Enhanced Video Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,evr.dll,6.01.7600.16385

BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7600.16385

MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices:

Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7600.16385

Video Compressors:

WMVideo8 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvxencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385

WMVideo9 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvencod.dll,6.01.7600.16385

MSScreen 9 encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385

DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7600.16385

MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Audio Compressors:

WM Speech Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385

WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385

IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Audio Capture Sources:

Microphone (SoundMAX Integrated,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Line In (SoundMAX Integrated Di,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7600.16385

PBDA CP Filters:

PBDA DTFilter,0x00600000,1,1,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7600.16648

PBDA ETFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7600.16648

PBDA PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7600.16648

Midi Renderers:

Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

WDM Streaming Capture Devices:

SoundMAX HD Audio I,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7600.16385

WDM Streaming Rendering Devices:

HD Audio digital out,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7600.16385

SoundMAX HD Audio O,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7600.16385

BDA Network Providers:

Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7600.16385

Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7600.16385

Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7600.16385

Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7600.16385

Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,6.06.7600.16648

Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs:

VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7600.16385

BDA Transport Information Renderers:

BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7600.16385

MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7600.16385

BDA CP/CA Filters:

Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,1,EncDec.dll,6.06.7600.16385

Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7600.16385

PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7600.16385

XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7600.16385

WDM Streaming Communication Transforms:

Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7600.16385

Audio Renderers:

Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated D,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

DirectSound: SPDIF Interface (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

DirectSound: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

SPDIF Interface (SoundMAX Integ,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7600.16490

---------------

EVR Power Information

---------------

Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality) 

Quality Flags: 2576

Enabled:

Force throttling

Allow half deinterlace

Allow scaling

Decode Power Usage: 100

Balanced Flags: 1424

Enabled:

Force throttling

Allow batching

Force half deinterlace

Force scaling

Decode Power Usage: 50

PowerFlags: 1424

Enabled:

Force throttling

Allow batching

Force half deinterlace

Force scaling

Decode Power Usage: 0

I apologize for not posting this before, as it may have been helpful for pinpointing the cause of the issue. Well now.... Off to test.

@Qwaxalot

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried to install all of the K-Lite packs, both the Basic and Mega variants. Those did not help to restore sound. The fix that is not going to work with Windows 7 is the second link you posted (http://nightmare2013...hendeavors.net/), which resets the codecs specifically for Oblvion and/or Morrowind, as that was designed to work with XP. As for reinstalling DirectX, I do not believe I can on Windows 7.... I believe I have read that it cannot be done because it is integral to Windows 7.

Wonder if just flat out reinstalling windows media player might be in order? I Really don't see anything in the dxdiag that should be causing these problems. I also don't see a fair few codecs that I think should be there following a successful Klite install. Just odd.

@HeyYou and Qwaxalot,

Thanks for suggesting the reinstallation of windows media player but I do not believe I can do that, as that too is integrated into Windows 7. I found these links detailing the "reinstallation process":

http://www.softsailor.com/how-to/16394-how-to-uninstall-windows-media-player-12.html (Unintallation)

http://www.softsailor.com/how-to/16402-how-to-re-install-windows-media-player-12.html (Reinstallation)

I tried the steps listed in the above links, yet even this process proved fruitless as Oblivion still has no sound. There was another one:

http://techie-buzz.com/hacks-and-mods/how-to-uninstall-windows-media-player-12-on-windows-7.html

Although this was primarily for installing Windows Media Player 11 one Windows 7, it still had an uninstallation procedure. I did not follow this, however, as I was uncomfortable about modifying my registry like that. Additionally, some of the posts left by users detailed unintended complications resulting from this process.

@HeyYou

About the Installed Codec program you have refferred to me, I have tried to disable the codecs I had individually, in similar groups, and then at random (frustration was getting the better of me), but nothing worked. No matter what I did, I was not able restore audio to the game. I thank you anyway for your help, though.

I am now out of ideas, and (finally) out of patience. There is only one thing to do that may or may not alleviate the problem, and that is a complete reinstallation of Oblivion. I am sorry that I was not able to figure out the problem on my own, and I thank you all who took the time to help me and partake knowledge that I will find useful in the future. I will post the results as soon as this is done. I thank you all again. :D

Sealwarrior

For all of the grace, good manners and patience you've displayed in troubleshooting this, I think you really, really deserve a problem-free reinstallation of Oblivion. And cookies. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, Sealwarrior. :rofl:

Boy, I so agree, Sealwarrior has been one of the politest and most courteous posters it has ever been my pleasure to experience.

Don't know if it's allowed, but here's a link to a uninstall/reinstall procedure that has worked for many people:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/129332-bbens-reinstall-procedure/

I would back up your game, clean the current installation out completely, reinstall just the vanilla game, (patched to the latest version) and see if that doesn't solve the problem. I am suspecting though that it won't....... Another person had this problem on the beth forums, I think, and Re-installing WINDOWS finally fixed it.

Give the reinstall a shot, and see what happens. Here's hoping it works. :rofl:

Alright, it is now time to review the results of my reinstallation. To put it bluntly.... It did not work. Even with the vanilla installation of Oblivion GOTY, I still have no audio in game.

@HeyYou

You were correct in your assumption... Thank you for posting this, as I had a sinking suspicion the last few days that this might be related to my Windows install. How something like this could have happened is beyond me, as I had not made any major changes to my PC for quite some time. I think it would also explain some of those missing codecs from the K Lite instalation process as well, though I would not be able to explain how this would be so. I truly thank you and Qwaxalot for trying to help me, as the information the two of you provided was indeed invaluable.

@Qwaxalot

Thank you for posting the link for Bben's Reinstall Procedure, but I actually already have that down in my Favorites list. He made quite a useful resource, and I was able to use it for this reinstallation.

@Greenwarden & Qwaxalot

Um... I thank you both for your kind words :crybaby:.... It is nice to hear words of encouragement. Truly though, everyone here at TESA is incredibly helpful and benevolent, and I am glad (and surprised) that people would take the time to analyze my problem, insignificant though it may be. I thank you both again, and everyone else who aided me with this problem. Here are some :D s (x6 or 7 of course) for everyone! Please share them with Arion and Khett too, if you would.

Thank you all for your assistance. I can only surmise that what is causing this to happen is an error or missing component in my Windows 7 install. Only surefire way to fix that would be a complete reinstallation of Windows... But unfortunately this will have to wait a few more weeks. I will have to do that sometime in the future when I have a free moment. For now though, I can use this time to complete a few games I have yet to finish..... The Witcher beckons.... :D

Many thanks once again,

Sealwarrior