DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Unofficial Minecraft Thread

_echo

A lot, at least 100, depending on server hardware and connection for practical limits. Mine hasn't started lagging yet but we only have 1-4 people online so far.

btw Mish, i noticed you tried to log in a few minutes ago and it failed. I updated the server. It should be back now.

Oh wow, I didn't realize so many people could be in one world. I'll join you guys sometime when I get the chance.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch.

The fresh Beta update seems to have caused a rather epic server crash.

Something strange happened with the TESA1 world,

When i got things running again and logged in I'm in unfarmiliar terrain...

but don't panic, i have backups...

edit Backup restored, it was a fresh one, don't think we lost anything.

Edited by Joben

Transport hub is well underway

Some instructions if you're joining the server:

- the contraption in the middle is a perpetual booster. Push the cart on the outside anti-clockwise around the track, and once it passes the cart on the inside it will continue to circle the track. Then go to the main track, and wait for the cart to pass the piece of track near the start. Then place your cart here and jump in. When the cart passes again (jump in quick, it circles very quickly) you will get a free boost to set you off. I made this so that you can always use the track without someone having to give you a push

- head to the control tower and read the instruction in there. Here's general breakdown of them

There are 3 'routes'. The entire track is designed kind of like a router. You must set the routes up correctly first. More routes will be added when there are more destinations

0 = off, 1 = on. You can tell wether or not the circuit is on depending on wether the redstone is lit up or not

So, say you wanted to go to the main fort. You'd look at the "Main Fort" sign and it would say something like:

MAIN FORT

R1: 1

R2: 0

R3: 0

Basically this means you have to turn Route 1 on and Routes 2 and 3 off

Then on the opposite side of the room to the route levers are the levers that control the specific destination. Each lever controls 2 destinations, one for on and one for off. The sign next to the lever will say which is which. So far example, the sign will say:

MAIN FORT = 0

WATER SLIDE = 1

So you will have to make sure that the lever is turned off. The state of the other destination levers doesn't matter as long as you've set the route levers up correctly

To recap:

Read destination list to find route set up for your destination

Set up route lever

Head on over to destination lever and find the one which controls your destination

Set it accordingly

Push cart to get booster going

Place your cart at the right time

Jump in

Enjoy the ride!

I know it seems a little complicated but due to the technical restrictions of them game it's the most practical system I could come up with. Also, once you've done it a couple of times, it's easy. Whole process beats just walking somewhere anyway, trust me

- some general notes. Please don't make any edits to the platform or track itself without asking me or Joben, the slightest change could have a big effect. Please don't play around under the track or platform, that's where all the circuits are ran through and their set up is pretty fragile. Also, please always keep the door closed. A creeper getting on the platform and blowing up would be disasterous

- if you want to help, please do. I'm busy building the circuits so I need people to help with track and defense building. If you want to help about by gathering resources (wood and iron mostly) that's be great too. If you have somewhere you want connected to the transport, jsut ask me and I'll be happy to do it

Edited by Mishaxhi

X-Ray vision!

Found an illusory world tear aroudn the side of an island. disapeared when i got out of my boat.

graphicsglitch1.jpg

This was much weirder.

I found a HUGE square hole and asked Mish about it, and he said 'What this little ditch?"

graphicsglitch2.jpg

graphicsglitch3.jpg

It wasn't there at all, it diapeared when i put a torch down to mark an edge.

Construction Map

mapTESA1.jpg

A: Joben's private castle

B: Public fort - feel free to repair/modify (But dont burn the trees on top.)

C: Rail Station

D: Manta/Pear's house

E: Mishaxhi's water-slide

F: Mob water trap (currently broken)

G: Future site of tree house

H: a small sand mine in shallow water

I: Natural underwater entrance to deep mines/caves

J: Entrance to deep caves

custom-map-normal-day-1.png

custom-map-day.png

Edited by Joben

Umm... Perpetual boosters are a super big no-no. Because minecarts have no maximum momentum, the game can and will crash eventually once that momentum value gets so high that it can no longer track it.

javaw2010-12-2302-11-04-27.png

This is the easiest booster to set up but is only a 1-way

I went exploring the past couple days.

I found us some bamboo, and planted a crop of it in Mishaxhi's garden so we'll have as much as we want soon.

I also found a little dungeon with a monster spawner...that was pretty brutal.

I marked the entrances to a number of interesting caves with torches. Some I investigated resulting in a fairly large amount of iron, a lot of surface caves have 4-5 iron in them clearly visible.

...found someone's nice little tower out in the wilds and spent a night there...and left a thank you gift.

Being a wandering explorer and prospector is fun.

Updated World Map

th_custom-map-normal-day24.png

Edited by Joben

Wow the main site is such a mess now...

Kinda cool though. With all the trees looks like an old abandoned overgrown city

Anyway I packed up shop. Grabbed some tools, some saplings and food and started heading south

Edited by Mishaxhi

It's very tempting to delve too greedily, and too deep in caves far from home...there's always that bit of iron visible in the next chamber down.

Cost me my life today, barely got back to recover some of my gear. I salvaged my diamond pick, but a lot of the rest was missing.

And they fixed armor degradation, so now you NEED that extra iron to keep from dying...bit of a catch 22.

Some neat bits of terrain found in my travels

Epic overhang in the distance. Here mountains surround a shallow lake.

epicoverhanng.jpg

A hollow hill.

HollowHill.jpg

Edited by Joben

Was the tower on top of a big lump of rock protruding from a mountain? If so it may have been mine :) Now if only I could remember where the hell it was...

That hollow hill is awesome btw, I wonder where it is.

Anywho, haven't played any minecraft for a while. I've had trouble connecting to the server, and no internet connection at all for the past few days, time to get back to it :lmao:

EDIT: wow, just been to the old fort, you're not wrong :D it's dangerous too, last week I died in there when a zombie fell out of one of the trees! Lost my diamond pick and all my armour :bowdown:

EDIT 2: Well, I finally found my tower XD Yeah, that must have been the one you stopped at Joben, thanks for the gift chest XD

Edited by the-manta

I haven't been on as much myself in a couple days. I got a pile of new games

My internet service has been kinda wonky, keeps dropping out and a few people have had trouble getting a smooth connection to the server.

Which is a pitty, because i have a very fast connection, when it works.

Anyway, if someone else what's to volunteer to host our world for a while that would be fine with me.

Mish...I burnt down your train station...don't panic I imported that chunk of the world back in from the last backup i made on the 27th

...really bad misclick when i had the flint and steel out by accident...the whole thing and the forest went up in seconds. major firestorm.

The structure of the building and the track is there, but I don't know if you've worked on it in the last few days.

If anyone lost work, I'll help rebuild, or replace lost rare materials.

Edited by Joben

I realised yesterday I've been taking a massive detour to get to my tower from the spawn point. I was going up past the old fort, then past my water tower thingy, through that snowy area and then through the valley, over the mountain to Jobens castle, down the massive cliff to the beach, curving back down to that strip of land and then onwards to the tower. Only yesterday did I realise this path was circular, and the spawn beach is adjacent to the other beach :coolup: So I can get to the tower quicker now, but I don't get to pass all the other buildings. Talk about a scenic route....

:o That's so cool! Hmmm should or shouldn't I...

EDIT: I did XD but how does one go about installing a texture pack? :shrug:

start up Minecraft and open the Mods and Texture Packs menu.

Click Open Texture Pack folder. Drop the whole archive for the mod (still zipped) into the folder. Viola.