DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello everyone

Deeza

Hi all,

This is a very nice site you have here. I'm surprised I didn't find it sooner! It's nice to see InsanitySorrow is one of the mods here - I know him from way back over at Silgrad Tower. So... a little about me. I've been modding Oblivion for over 2 years now, and during that time I've been involved with several projects to create various bits and pieces of Tamriel. I've recently decided to expand my skill set by learning to script and model, so I'm intrigued by the idea of your modding academy and look forward to checking it out.

Currently I'm working on two projects, one of which will allow players to explore part of Valenwood, the other (much more ambitious) project will aim to create the whole of the province of High Rock, on which substantial progress has already been made. If anyone is interested in knowing more, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. :rofl:

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've been taking a look around and I'm curious - there is a section marked "Hosted Project Forums" but it appears to be empty. Is this because you haven't hosted any projects here yet?

:rofl: That's a private forum for modders who are VIP's on TESA. They can have their own private set of forums to work on their mods. There are actually three or four going at the moment. XD

I see. Is this where IS's Vvardenfell mod went then? I must confess I'm still a little confused about how the VIP system is supposed to work. Could you please explain it to me?

Here you go:

That will explain the VIP memberships. :rofl:

He doesn't have a hidden forum for the Vvardenfel project. I'm not sure if he has an active thread for it right now. We'll have to nudge him when he gets back on. XD

Thankyou. That explains it all very nicely.

I'd be interested to hear the full story about Vvardenfell from IS. I was sorry to find out that the project forums were down, as I knew the project well back in the day.

In the meantime, if I want to start a WIP thread for my mods, where should I place it?

Regards,

DZ

Thankyou very much! I understand that you were the one who originally set up the site? I'm quite interested as to how it all got started, since for some reason or other I hadn't come across it until very recently! IS said I should ask you about it if I had any questions.

Edited by Deeza
  • Upvote 1

That's correct, I started the site a few years back in order to create a home for the first ES Modding School and it grew from there as a home for modders by modders, vastly due to the great folks here who make TESA what it is. Feel free to ask any questions or curiosities you may have, I welcome them and have a cookie, they're popular here! :rofl:

Thanks for the cookie! It's interesting that the modding school got started here first and the rest grew up around it. Generally speaking the sites I've come across started exactly the opposite way round. Of course, that may explain why yours was so much more successful! I've had a look around now and definitely like what I see. The forum runs very smoothly and you've managed to achieve a real buzz to the place. Very well done to everyone involved.

For those who are interested, I have posted a WIP thread for the first project I am involved with here:

There are still a few things that need doing before release that I could use some help with (as they're not my areas of expertise), if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

So, can someone explain to me how the modding school works? I'd be very interested in learning how to script while I'm here, as I've noticed that many of the tutorials available online are rather... lacking in some respects. So do I need to post somewhere to sign up? And how do I "graduate"? Will I need to upload finished scripts for someone to review?

Edited by Deeza