DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] TES IV: VALENWOOD ISLES

Deeza

TES IV: VALENWOOD ISLES

Trailers:

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

Estimated Timeline For Release:

28/02/2011

Requirements:

Oblivion 1.2.416

Description:

At long last, one of the oldest continuously running Oblivion mod projects will finally be getting a release. Started way back in 2008, this mod was originally hosted on the Silgrad Tower forums as part of the sadly now-defunct Valenwood Province mod, but it is now approaching completion as an independent mod in its own right. The current version still requires some scripting and beta testing, and any help that anyone can offer in this area would be very much appreciated.

This mod will open up passage to the tropical southern province of Valenwood, home of the Bosmer. Travelling by ship from Anvil, players will find themselves shipwrecked on a group of poorly-charted islands off the southern coast of Tamriel. Cut off from the mainland, the survivors are at the mercy of a hostile local tribe. Yet some of their fellow castaways may not be what they seem either... Players will have to decide whom they can trust, and quickly, if they want to survive long enough to return to the mainland in one piece. The beta release will include:

- A unique new worldspace to explore, dramatically differing from Cyrodiil in flora, landscape and creatures

- Many new meshes, including new architecture and items exclusive to this mod

- A new and richly detailed culture to encounter: the tribal Bosmer, as described in Elder Scrolls lore

- New ingredients, items and quests available for enterprising adventurers

- A complex storyline to follow which will introduce the culture of the islands and their interactions with the outside world

- Over 15 minutes of brand new original music, specially composed for the project by SolarRainUK

Current Active Team:

Deeza - Storyline Author and forum admin

morcroft - Modeller, Texturer and Landscaper

The Old Ye Bard - Quest Modder, Modeller and lore expert

Credits (in order of date of joining the project):

windsurfer - Founding Leader, who originally planned and developed the project for many years. The original landscaping, interiors, and several of the new models are all entirely his work

SolarRainUK - composer of all of the original music featured in the mod. It was written for the exclusive use of Valenwood and the author retains copyright

Deeza - wrote the story for the main quest and acted as caretaker admin of the forums in windsurfer's absence

drmccoy - completed majority of scripting for the main quest before his sudden and untimely disappearance

morcroft - many additional models and landscaping of the offshore coral reefs

The Old Ye Bard - currently working on completing the quests and adding some additional models and resources

Special Thanks To:

Sandor - for providing hosting space for the project on Silgrad Tower

simonp92 - for getting the project out of a sticky situation involving some backup files

FLESH, mormacil and the rest of the original Valenwood Team - for advice, support and encouragement of the project

Razorwing - for originally hosting the project on Silgrad Tower

Licensing/Legal

The original creators of this mod wanted the new assets in this mod to remain unique until it is released in a final version, and the current team is honouring their wishes. Following the final release, requests to use resources will be decided case by case. The files may not be re-used or re-hosted without the team's express permission.

Screenshots:

New screenshots will be available soon. In the meantime, a selection of older screenshots can be viewed here:

http://www.silgradtower.net/Websites/Valenwood/9550-I.htm

Edited by Deeza

I've seen these vids before, great stuff, can't wait to have a play through for myself. You can bet the BTA Guild will want to have a play as well, when you are ready for testing just post your intent to join the guild as a modder in need of testing in this thread: and they'll get you set up to begin testing. :rofl:

If you'd like to share your vids on the TESA channel as well, send me a hardcopy of the video and I'll upload it for you. XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dear All,

Sorry it's been so long since the last update. There is still a possibility that I may release this "as is" as a modder's resource.

However, I am currently working on a spiritual successor to this mod for Skyrim, and was wondering who would be interested by that?

I will post a full-length post shortly.

Kind Regards,

Deeza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...