DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Magical House Mod

JulianSull

Well, I just finished my last house mod and I wanted to start another, possibly more ambitious house mod. Instead of designing it for my character Raine Avina, this one would be for Galen, the best mage in my storyline. By design, this should be a very magical and extravagant house. This is what I have so far:

1) The main room is technically multiple rooms. To switch rooms, you click a button and the scenery around you changes.

2) The main room has no walls or ceiling. Instead, you are surrounded by blackness and stars. If you fall off, you are teleported back up.

Rooms include:

1) Bedroom with the moons circling the room

2) A huge alchemy room

--------- I was thinking of a "Gardening" type of room where you select what plants are put in the room. Not sure if that will work yet.

3) Magical creature dungeon where if you kill the creature, you learn the spell to summon them.

4) Super Spell Testing facility with a wide open field, perfect for testing spells like lightning storm or Nuke on a LOT of enemies.

5) Universe Living Room with floating objects (maybe) and comets and other space like objects flying by

6) Floating LABELED storage (utilizing the letters modder's resource)

7) Teleporting facility to not only the mages guilds and fighters guilds, but also important landmarks such as Dive Rock and Shivering Isles.

8) Magical Obstacle Course where you use advanced teleportation and jumping spells to make your way to the other end.

9) Magical butler which you choose the sex of

Is there anything anyone can think of that would be a nice addition? Even if it's far fetched and probably not going to work, it'd be nice to have some ideas =)

Edited by JulianSull

Automagicâ„¢ Alchemy! Put one player-made potion in a container, and put the ingredient(s) required to make it in another container, and the station makes as many of those potions as you've given it ingredients for.

Soul gem dispensers. Like giant PEZ dispensers on the wall, but with SOUL CANDY. :thumbup: Refillable by the player, of course.

A sentient broom, Mickey-Mouse style, except without all the self-replicating and taking over the place part.

This is fun! :D

• Upvote 1

Haha I kind of like the PEZ dispenser idea. I'm also trying to think of things that I would have be standard in every single room like teleportation, butler and a restore attributes/health things. PEZ might be a nice addition =D

Hmm going along with the first idea...maybe a synth? Like if you add idk a carrot (an ingredient) and an iron axe you get a special axe with a carrot on it. Pretty horrifyingly bad example but you get the idea =D

EDIT:

The Synth idea is amazing. Perfect. But I'm having some trouble thinking of ways to combine some of the ingredients. I'll put up a word doc of my chart:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n1pape03ode8xnz

The Synth chart is on the second page. Some of them I can't think of a good way to combine them and some are just first thoughts. Any ideas?

Edited by JulianSull

A long time ago I said I'd make a request for a house on the moon. The thread for that's here. I could try combining the ideas: Your ideas for the inside of the house with the other thread's method of entry (Getting catapulted into space). I'm not sure if I want it to actually be on the moon, though. Maybe an asteroid or other satellite.

Well, since I'm now feeling guilty about the other project, I'll see if I can do any of this. I can, at the very least, model most of the stuff and do the basic interior. THe more complex scripting might elude me, like a practice arena, the obstacle course, or getting the moons to rotate about the house.

Edit: A revelation! How about a small floating rock above the surface of one of the moons, so Nirn and Masser could be seen in the sky and Secunda's surface could be used for the larger parts of the house, like the training facility.

Wow yeah that'd be perfect. Especially since I'm basically the opposite of you :thumbup:. I've already made the arena and the obstacle course before in another house mod. This would be a different style, but overall it wouldn't be a major challenge for me. I also just got a link on how to script a rotating moon so if you could create the meshes and textures, I could easily do it. Be nice to actually have some help on this mod unlike my last one.

EDIT: We should put a request out for some modder's out there who can model and texture things because I have a feeling this would be a pretty complex project.

Edited by JulianSull

I can model and texture. If you can do the more complex bits of scripting, I can do worldbuilding and make the models.

What kind of influence should the actual house interior have? I was thinking of a floating island like there is in Midas Magic's Astral Plane, with Roman-style columns, although I think that's a bit clichéd.

I was thinking straight up space with no walls or ceiling. Around it would be floating rocks of different sizes that the player can jump onto if they want. Then further out are planets which the player can't get to. As for the floor...Could be a see-through platform, an asteroid or a simple marble bottom.

We could use a few of the asteroids and falling stars from Phitt's mods for atmosphere, and I could eventually figure out animating a sphere for Nirn and Masser to rotate about it.

I think the floor would be best made with a simple floating rock platform: Flat on top, with maybe some fancy tiles inlay, and the bottom as rough-hewn rock. I've actually got a mesh like that, I just haven't UVed and textured it. If we include some columns on top of the platform, it'll make a nice 'static' for the scenery so you can tell you're in the same place and the scenery is changing, rather than you moving.

As for changing 'rooms', how would I do that? Calling SAA on that many things might cause problems, having so many different refs to call it on. A simple enable/disable with all the objects in one room linked to a central parent might make the transition too abrupt.

I've had the changing rooms thing done on a slightly smaller scale in my first house mod. If it does turn out to be too abrupt maybe we could have some smoke like thing come up so the player can't see the changes while everything else changes instantly behind it. Might be a nice effect. I saw something like it in Midas Magic before. I definitely like the pillar idea.

As for the rotation, I've seen code that can do it for us. I haven't tried it out, but I've seen it in Midas Magic before. Shouldn't be a problem.

So if we have Nirn and Masser, do we have to make a mesh for the planet itself (Oblivion)? We need to decided where exactly this asteroid is.

So for the color scheme: Black for space, Brown for the asteriod, what about the color of the platform? I was thinking like a gray/purple spacy kind of look. Almost like marble.

EDIT:

I've been working on the synth idea from above but I still have one I can't think of anything for:

http://www.mediafire.com/?he1dsngxqnh20bj

It's a word doc with a chart mostly filled up. Some of the ideas are pretty good...some are place holders.

Edited by JulianSull

Oooo true. Hehe I've never actually done anything related to Necromancy so I'll have to try it out.

EDIT:

Right off the bat, is there anything that would be a cool addition for necromancy?

Just a dark area for the evil ones to hang out. Some cool ideas I had were:

1. Necklace that has a constant skeleton summoned for you. It would be weak, of course. Perhaps leveled?

2. An alter that can summon a leveled(?) lich, skeleton, or Zombie for you. (ghosts?)

3. Dark Soul gem alter.

I'm working on a list right now actually. I'm going to make a chart of all the things that would be needed ranked in order with a description of what they should look like. If you have any ideas or mods you know that have done it already lemme know. Take your time on it, I'm not in a rush and the actually mapping of the house isn't even close to well...starting lol.

I made a very quick prototype of what I have in mind for the layout. This is just some 10-minute modeling to see what the design should be, then I'll start adding detail and texture.

Asteroid1.jpg?t=1295122235

Oh, and I haven't learned the art of making armor and clothing yet. You'll need to find some resources for those. I can make the weapons, though, along with static clutter.

By the way, for the columns: How about things like the ruins you'd see fro mthe Byzantium era? Brightly painted, but fading and gray.

2917798650084779023AoqsUq_fs.jpg

Like this, but more crumbled. I've actually seen columns like this in Mr_Siika's Castle Seaview. Or was it Griffon Fortress..

I was thinking that the asteroid should be a lot bigger. It should feel like a miniature planet yet smaller than a moon. A miniature moon =D.

And don't worry about the armors then. I'll keep working on a design and either learn to do em myself or find someone else willing to help out.

The columns sound great =)