DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Gamebox.exe

l0new0lf331

Allright so I get the new version of gamebooster,it helps alot but not enough.I know not to expect miracles but still even an unmodded Oblivion plays choppy.So that gets me wondering why.With the previous version of gamebooster I had ,I experienced a much better playing experience even with a mediumly modded game.now it's a slideshow.So I open up my performance moniter and the Gamebox.exe that comes with the new gamebooster is eating up 50-75% of my CPU.I know someone will say thats impossible but thats exactly whats going on.So my question is how to turn it off,or uninstall it.Is there a way?when I tried deleting it from the folder I got a message saying the action couldn't be completted because it was open...blah blah....you know the message.I didscoverd this as I was creating an OMOD today.OBMM and Gamebox were eating up 100% of my CPU.There were no abnormal temps either.I already checked that.But typically its the gamebox that is eating up my CPU.Is ther a way to get rid ofthat and still keep gamebooster?or will I have to uninstall all of it?

A cursory scan of the Iobit forums reveals that other people have issues with the latest version of Gamebooster and the Gamebox.exe component, and many folks are rolling all the way back to version 1.6, which has some free features that were apparently turned into "premium" features in the latest version. Premium meaning "not free". :/

I don't use the app, but if I were you I'd do some Googling and decide whether tracking down an older version of the app is worth it or not.

I`ve had alot of issues uninstalling things like MS Office. I found RevoUninstaller. It uses the uninstaller that comes with most apps...if there isn`t one it still works. Then it goes through your files and finds the leftover threads and displays them in a tree with the associated entries bolded so you can delete the remnants. Lots of other functions.

Typically any program you install can be uninstalled in the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs function.

If it tells you it can't because it's running, CTRL+ALT+DEL and open Task Manager. In the processes tab, highlight the process associated with it, and click End Process. Then try to remove it again.

Cool I'll look into those solutions.If you haven't noticed I'm not a techie.Still learning my computer.I already uninstalled the whole gamebooster am going to try reinstalling it and see if I can just remove the Gamebox.exe.Liked some of the new features,didn't like that I had to pay for it.Seems kinda redundant that a program thats supposed to free up resources for games ends up eating up all the resources it frees up.If that don't work I'll get v1.6.I'm thinking that v2.2 was what was turning my Oblivion into a slideshow.With 1.6 I got good gameplay even with a mid-heavy modded game.Which still surprises me on this laptop.Because I put Gamebooster in at the same time I put a few large quest mods,I thought the mods were the problem.During this reinstall is when I noticed my CPU was being eaten alive by the gamebox.Thank you for your rplies and help.