DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQz] Shield Texture Ideas for a [WIPz]

StarX

Hey all :wave: ,

I need some ideas for some color schemes and/or heraldic symbols for the textures I'm making for Shield05 (which is of course a working title). The model has been created by InsanitySorrow of course. And while I originally made the request in the picture gallery I figured things would be better organised when making a dedicated thread for it, especially when I start working on the textures of some of the other shields.

gallery_114_64_197971.jpg

gallery_114_64_165621.jpg

gallery_114_64_155847.jpg

gallery_114_64_78318.jpg

gallery_114_64_13463.jpg

gallery_114_64_8759.jpg

So if you want to see your favorite colorscheme and symbol back into The Arsenal Skyrim Edition start making that request now!

I have one general rule and that is that it has to fit with the game: so no Scooby Doo or a Vaultboy on our shields!

Thanks and cheers,

StarX

OKay we've decided to open this a little more (my idea XD), We will accept new shield ideas, that is new models too :D, The main rule here is that it must be Nordic themed Ie it's gotta fit in with Skyrim.

Yup, Nordic or knightly themed! Will have to update the main post soon.

Darnit, I wanted scooby doo!

Kidding aside, I'd suggest some small runic symbol clusters on 2 of the quads (opposites), or even celtic themed. Maybe some alchemy symbols (do mages use shields?).

Here! Have a Scooby snack to make up for it! :cookie:

Those symbols sound like a good idea. What about the colors, Hana?

Hmm, how about a slightly modified version of the dragon shield- replace those dragons with TESA ones, and have a daedric "O" around the boss :D Not sure if that entirely counts as fitting with the game :P Or, more seriously, something wild and unusual, like an antler shield :)

The TESA dragons are awesome, but like IS said we would need Rider's permission for that. An antler shield would have to be modeled, so that's up to IS. It does give me a nice idea to use a deer as a heraldic symbol though! :thumbup:

Would a targe shield fit the Skyrim theme? The Targe for those who dont know what it looks like.

I think that looks pretty awesome, John! Looks suiting to me. :wicket:

Antler shield?, besides having antlers sticking out (which can be nicked from the Deer...yesh I can cheat XD), what would it be like?

Edit: I second a celtic one :D

When I threw out the idea of the antler shield, I'll admit I didn't really know the answer to that XD I would say basically just an average wooden shield, but with antlers attacched either as a boss or at the bottom, curving around the edge of the shield. I also think the antlers would look cool with a celtic style :)