DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Meshes and their Alternate Textures

Beana

:hugs:

Could someone please explain to me GECK's Alternate textures? I have seen this on paintings and now with tilesets... I have come across this while adding resources to GECK mainly... pictures for instance, I would bring up edit and change the nif.. creating a new object, renaming etc... etc... I would delete the alternate textures for the painting I would add, just to bring it back up to see them there. Now with adding a new tileset to GECK I see that the tilesets have alternate textures? What does alternate textures mean.. that the mesh will alternate through the textures? If that's a given please forgive me asking lol.... BUT... tell me so! :candle: Any added info on this topic or if there's a better way to add stuff is totally welcome as I am a new fish here with the GECK :D

heres a screenie of where im talking about if its needed

alternatetextures-1.jpg

:wub:

Thanks!!!!! :hugs: Yep!! I have a few things I am going to learn though... My reason for making a house for NV is to get rid of the need to run to Lucky 38 to get my companions. I will have an option to send them to this home. (hopefully) Then all I will have to do is travel to the house and they all are there... instead of traveling to gate... then going inside another gate... then to Lucky 38 etc.... I put in a place for each with spots for each of them when you gain them :)

Now i know there are mods to change the way companions are vs vanilla that would make this idea obsolete but none the less... I like the idea :hugs:

Oh that's a good idea!! I'll definitely be using it whenever you release. New Vegas is the first game that I've played where I feel really attached to my companions and actually care about what happens to them. A house like that would be a welcome addition. :)

I feel the same way!!! I am excited you like my idea!!!!! I too care a lot about my companions and think they deserve what I feel is a nice place :)

Ah, very cool room, I saved the image when I entered the forums =PNice to know who did lol

Thanks!!! :)

I feel the same way!!! I am excited you like my idea!!!!! I too care a lot about my companions and think they deserve what I feel is a nice place :)

I definitely agree. :) I just finished Boone's last quest. I really loved his whole quest-line, it really felt like he was alive and going through growth and emotions. And the whole story with his wife made me so sad! But then the ending made me really feel like we'd face it and won. It was awesome. :) New Vegas has turned out to be a pretty incredible game.