DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #35

InsanitySorrow

The Lurker's Lair

Welcome to the Lurker's Lair! This thread was inspired by the one of the same name on Bethesda Game Studios' Forums.

The Lurker's Lair is place where you come share with us your latest experiences and your everyday life. It's a cosy place to sit back and enjoy good conversation, consolation and encouragement but spammers beware - that's not a ticket to free reign, the rules still apply here.You've got to stay on-topic, even if the topic is as simple as "How's life, pal?"

TES Alliance's Lurker's Lair plays with the same set of rules as Bethesda's, found here.

Here's a quick reminder of them :

1. No spam. Any post that is not informative or adding to the discussion is considered spam.

2. If you come into the lair to be disruptive it is trolling. No trolling.

3. All rules of the forum apply here in the Lurker’s Lair and are to be followed.

4. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse for breaking them.

5. If you observe someone breaking the rules, please report the post and contact a Moderator. Do not attempt to police them yourselves.

And so, without further ado... Welcome to the Lurker's Lair!

In the last thread, we learned that:

• Borderlands and Plants Vs. Zombies are wicked cool games.
  • No one is really safe from puzzle game addiction
  • Lots of people are really excited about Fable 3
  • A terabyte of storage is not enough
  • Dihydrogen monoxide is evil
  • Giving credit to everyone who contributed is sometimes a pain in the butt, do it anyways
  • Living across the street from Beana is dangerous business
  • Lizards are tasty goodness!
  • Glaedr moonlights as a superhero
  • Big books go on the bottom shelf
  • Echo comes up with strange ideas when he doesn't sleep
  • Poke-fied animals are rather popular

• Upvote 1

Could add in some members have a weakness for pokemon-ized animals... or the breaking into song about Skyrim LOL

Edit: Don't know how but I got an error for "posting too soon" by pressing the post button once... now this post did go through but seems the system thought I hit it twice.

Edited by Si-Shen

JB is not that old (yes Si knows how old JB is... is not old), and although Si won't be getting the new games, Si is intruiged by them. Si stopped following Pokemon in general when they started to expand beyond the original pokemon, was still fun when Si did borrow someone's game (and gameboy) to play.

Alrighty! My PC is toast. The graphics card finally turned belly up this morning. was acting funny last night so its not a shock. Don't panic! LOL The parts for our new PC arrived today! :woohoo: Perfect timing! I'm on the crappy laptop at the moment which is old and slow as...well...a word I can't say. :P Mr Guru's going to put it all together when he gets home from work tonight so I could be back in action as early as tonight. :lmao: Maybe tomorrow night. We shall see. Cross your fingers!

Well after a minor *cough* hiccup where Mr Guru inadvertently ordered a motherboard that doesn't support the DDR ram we had :rofl: We're up and running! After a short trip to the PC store tonight to get a couple gigs of DDR2 ram. :lmao: It's working beautifully! Only thing left to do now is get a better power supply.

:woohoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

Well it's been a long, long while. Due to real life duties and some changes in my life, I did not have the time to hang out on forums.

I decided to change career. I'm originally a video editor, but after finding out that I spent more time modding games than getting contract, I decided it might be time to switch to something I love to do. As such, I'm currently following Level Design intensive courses which end on May. After that, it's job finding! In the mean time, I'm also back in the modding scene since I must do as much as I can before sending my job applications. Montreal being one of the most important video gaming cities in North America, I think I should have too much difficulty finding a Level Designer job.

Funny though, I got called two weeks ago for a video editing contract for the UFC, which I accepted. It's funny that it's always when you decide to leave something for good that it comes back at you. :P

I spent a month in Germany last Summer. I loved that country, loved the people, loved pretty much everything. I visited only cities but next time I travel there again, I'll spend all my time in the wilds. Especially in the mountains to the south. They are a sight to behold.

So, to anyone who remembers me: Hail! I'm back!

To those who do not know me: Hail! It'll be fun to get to know and help each other .

Cheers!

Cliff :wicket:

P.S: I have to admit that Minecraft was also one of the causes for my inactivity on the forums. :smug:

Thanks for the update Cliffworms and welcome back! Good luck with the new career path, that's awesome you're pursuing something you really enjoy. Hopefully you're able to find a job quickly after finishing the classes.

And Minecraft does have a tendency to do that to people. :P

Btw, are you planning to continue your Oblivifall project?

Edited by Cydonian_Knight

Good to hear from you again Cliff!

Interesting choice in change, maybe one day I shall be seeing your name appear in the credits of say... and Ubisoft game maybe! You never know!

I always found that as soon as I started working at one job it was like jobs litterally FELL into my lap, but when I was unemployeed they just seemed to be hiding from me :lmao: