DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[LIST] Graphics Mods

InsanitySorrow

Graphics Mods

The aim of this thread is to provide a list of eye candy for Red's game :rofl:, Seriously though it's a nice list of Graphics mods for Oblivion to make it look a little better XD. The mods are grouped and sorted alphabetically.

Note: If you have or find a mod that is not listed here then please post a link to it and I'll add it, just make sure it's within the TESA rules :)

Note 2: If any of the TESA Team have an mod to add to the list, you can go ahead and edit the list to add it. Just be sure to update the "Updated" line at the bottom so I know it was updated :D

Environment:

Animated Window Lighting System and Chimneys [Requires OBSE] - Adds Animated Windows and Chimney's too all of OB's buildings. Supports SI too.

Autumn Trees - This mod adds Vacuity's falling leaves particle effects to the trees in the northern regions of Cyrodiil (the ones that look like autumn trees). I always thought Vacuity made a great effect there, but I haven't seen it used anywhere yet.

Enhanced Seasons - Enhanced Seasons seeks to bring more variation between the seasons of Cyrodiil using a combination of contrast and saturation changes, seasonal (and latitude-based) day lengths, and the changes in volatility of the weather.

Enhanced Water - A great little water tweak mod, comes in a simple easy to use ESP only format too.

Enhanced Water v20 HD - SI Addon - An add-on for the above mod that applies the Enhanced water to Shivering Isles.

Enhanced Vegetation - A rather nice vegetation mod, replacers the vanilla vegetation textures with newer higher resolution ones and increases their overall size.

Falling Stars - A small mod that adds falling stars to the game. They appear randomly at night when the sky is clear.

Natural Environments - Natural Environments that tweaks and enhcances many things regarding Oblivion's Environment, the list of improvements/changes include: seasonal weather patterns, more than 40 new weather types (the default number is 7), and additional ambient wildlife species, such as birds and insects and much more.

Rainbows in Tamriel - Adds Rainbows to OB, what else is there to say? :lmao:

Really AEVWD - Read the page too see what it does XD

Realistic Water - A water mod that aims to make the water more realistic.

Unique Landscapes Compilation OMOD - A compilation OMOD of all the Unique Landscapes mods, great to have them all in one location.

Unique Landscapes Compatibility Patches - Not a mod on it's own, but worth listing as it's something we'll all need at some point when running the UL mods.

Misc:

No Glow Grass Fix - Fixes the glow that was applied to the grass.

OBGE Shaders:

OBGE Liquid Water - A water shader for the Oblivion Graphics Extender project.

OBSE Plugins:

Oblivion Graphics Extender - A large OBSE Plugin project that enhances the visuals in many ways, best to read the included documentation to get all the details.

Shaders:

Water Reflection Blur - Applies a blur effect to the water to remove the jagged edges. [Requires OBMM]

Texture Replacers:

Beaming Sunglare - A great sun texture replacer.

Better Nightsky - Replacers the two moon textures with improved ones.

Brumbeks Sky Pack - New sky and moon textures.

CaptNKILLs NonTiling Texture Mod - Fixes the tiling landscape textures.

Enhanced Nightsky - As the name suggests it's a night sky texture replacer,

Improved Doors and Flora - This is a retexture of several doors, flora and other miscellaneous objects

Improved Sky Textures - Replaces the original sky textures with improved sky textures.

Improved Trees and Flora - This is a retexture of several trees, flora, shrubs & fungus. The majority of the texture are 1024x512 & 1024x1024

Improved Trees and Flora 2 - This is a retexture of several trees,flowers,plants and fungus with 1024x1024,1024x512 & 512x512 new textures.This set also includes reworked textures from the first pack and two reworked flora textures from the improved doors and flora pack

MTGR Bravil - Texture replacer for Bravil.

MTGR Bruma And Chorrol - Texture replacer for Bruma and Chorrol

MTGR Landscape And Rocks - Texture replacer for the Landscape and the rocks.

MTGR Skingrad - A Texture replacer for Skingrad.

MTGR Trees And Plants - Texture replacer for Trees and Plants.

MTGR Tapestries And Rugs - Texture replacer for Rugs and Tapestries.

MTGR Texture Pack - A Texture pack containing a few of Mtgr's released texture packs.

Qarl's LOD normals 4096 compressed - Replaces the normal maps for the LOD textures.

Qarl's Texture Pack 3 - The original QTP 3 from Qarl.

Qarl's Texture Pack 3 - Redimized - Redimized version of Qarl's high res texture replacer.

Qarl's Texture Pack 3 UOP32 Compatibility Patch - While not a textrure replacer on it's own, it's needed with QPT 3 for those who use the Unofficial patches

Real Lava - A Lava Texture replacer, makes the lava look like real lava..it's all in the name.

Snow Texture Replacer - My very own Snow texture replacer, get's rid of the horrid OB snow textures and makes the snow flakes actual snowflakes.

SpewBoy's Ayleid Ruins - This retextures all of the Ayleid Ruins in Oblivion with higher resolution ones (mostly 1024x1024 or larger).

SpewBoy's Amber Armor - This is a retexture. It retextures the Amber Armor in The Shivering Isles.

SpewBoy's Caves - It retextures all of the cave walls etc. (including doors) with higher resolution ones (1024x1024).

Subtle Sunshine - An alternate sunglare mod.

UC Wood Furniture Texture Replacer - A texture replacer for the upper class furniture.

Unique Signs - A texture replacer for the boring vanilla signs, does what the title says to, makes them unique.

Vurts Flora and Landscape Retexture - A Texture replacer made for Nehrim, but can be used for Oblivion too with a little copy/paste.

Weather:

Enhanced Weather [Requires OBSE] - Enhanced Weather is the next generation of photorealistic weather mods. Unlike most other such mods available, it merely adds to, instead of replacing, Oblivion's default weather system, resulting in a seamless blend of both vanilla and new weathers, as well as some unique features.

Weather - All Natural [Requires OBSE] - All Natural combines a robust custom weather system that allows the use of weather types from all existing weather mods with custom versions of Natural Interiors and Real Lights in order to provide the greatest weather/environment experience possible. The three segments of All Natural will be explained below:

* Updated by: InsanitySorrow - 21-May-2011 *

Rainbows in Tamriel - a must have.

QTP3 - Qarl's Texture Pack 3 (there's also reduced versions on Nexus but they need this first)

Hey IS, is there some reason you didn't link to RAEVWD and Weather - All Natural that are here? :P

I'd like to suggest that along with the Unique Landscapes OMOD Compilation linked above you could mention there's quite a few hosted here individually, or that people can search Nexus for individual files - for those of us that don't use OBMM.

Rainbows in Tamriel - a must have.

QTP3 - Qarl's Texture Pack 3 (there's also reduced versions on Nexus but they need this first)

Thanks I'll add them.

Hey IS, is there some reason you didn't link to RAEVWD and Weather - All Natural that are here? :P

I didin't know they were hosted here :no:, Otherwise I would have linked to them instead.

I'd like to suggest that along with the Unique Landscapes OMOD Compilation linked above you could mention there's quite a few hosted here individually, or that people can search Nexus for individual files - for those of us that don't use OBMM.

Yup I plan on doing that, it's just going to take a while to round them up and list them :lmao:

Some more texture replacers I use,obviously these will overwrite files from QTP3 etc so you`ll have to make a decision as to what textures look better and only use the elements you like.

MTGR Bravil

MTGR Bruma And Chorrol

MTGR Landscape And Rocks

MTGR Skingrad

MTGR Trees And Plants

MTGR Tapestries And Rugs

MTGR Texture Pack - multi pack containing several of the above

Vurts Flora and Landscape Retexture - primarily made for Nehrim but it`s easy enough to drag out the textures you want to use.Personally I use the ferns,they look amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry in advance if this is supposed to go in a different topic :unsure:, but

Some more texture replacers I use,obviously these will overwrite files from QTP3 etc so you`ll have to make a decision as to what textures look better and only use the elements you like.

What/where is QTP3? Also, how does one choose between new and original textures? Finally, is there a separate mod that removes the HUD for screenshots? I've just been browsing your screenshots stoney... :bowdown:

What/where is QTP3?

Qarl's Texture Pack 3, it's a large (2GB), High Res texture pack, there is a link in th OP for it.

Is there a separate mod that removes the HUD for screenshots?

Open up the console (Key will depend on your setup) and type TM, press enter and the HUD will be hidden, repeat the process to show it again.

• 5 weeks later...

So.... is this a good place to drop some idea hints? :angel:

Any plans for doing a landscape pack?

Also wondered about the possibility for higher resolution vanilla sign symbols and blank sign backgrounds to go with them. I know there's a sign symbol resource out there but the resolution on those is somewhat small.

• 1 month later...