DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

getting voice recordings to work- solved!

Hey guys, just descovered how much the CS hates voice actors. :dizzy:

Ok, so I recorded the voice actor. I exported the voice files into 64kbps mono .mp3 files. I put them into the correct directory, I rename them to what the CS tells me to, I give them sunlight and water.... and now I can hear it when I double click it in the CS. Great! Brilliant!

But then I test it in game, and NOTHING happens. It just shows the subtitles for 2 secs then skips, like normal.

The only thing I can think of is that there is STILL something wrong with the mp3 files, or I need a lip file to go with it before it plays. Anyone know the answer to this, because it was hard enough to Coerce someone into being a voice actor, having to wrestle with the CS to get it to work is just beyond a Joke! Seriously, I Admire anyone who can Boast that they got this to work properly.

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

I know I should be happy about this, because I got it working, however I am actually now more annoyed than before because I've solved the problem 10 SECONDS after starting a topic AGAIN :bagged: haha :P

For anyone who also has this problem:

Ensure your MP3 files are free of any extra information, for example artist, album, etc etc. One way to ensure this is to use a handy utility found on this CSwiki page. You can find it under the link "handy utility" near the bottom.

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D :D