DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Savegame Issue

Hi all. I just created a new character, and I'm having some problems, or a problem, actually- I can't save! As you can imagine, this is somewhat frustrating. Autosaves and quicksaves work fine, but that obviously is not a good solution, it's just when I click "New Save" or try to save over an old one. A message appears saying "Save Successful" but it clearly isn't, as the new save does not appear. I've looked in the folder where all the saves are kept, and nothing new is created there either. The weirdest thing of all is that it only affects this character! I have a quicksave and an autosave of him, and the problem affects both, even after I have redone them (as in, quicksaved again, caused an autosave).

I have only installed one new mod since the last new character I made, and it was a very small clothing mod. Nonetheless, I tried removing it from the my load order and creating a clean autosave, but still the issue persists, so surely it can't be the mod.

Finally, and this could be important: I didn't create the character from scratch because I couldn't be bothered to watch the opening cinematic again- I loaded up a save game in the prison cell, even before Valen Dreth speaks, and used "showracemenu" to change the character. I then used "showracemenu" a few more times through the tutorial to tweak the face. I would immediately assume this was the cause of the problem, but I have created other characters in the same way, and they have no such problem with saving.

Any ideas- I am totally stumped.

@Hana: yes, all my other characters, saving works perfectly.

And here is my load order:

Oblivion.esm

Oblivion Cats v0.2b.esp

Knights.esp

CapesandCloaks.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Whispered Warning.esp

actors_in_charge.esp

Enhanced Water v2.0 HD.esp

ClocksOfCyrodiilNoArcane.esp

ActorsInMadness.esp

KDClothCirclets.esp

Rainbows.esp

BrotherhoodRenewed.esp

Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

XiaNewAmuletsV1.esp

xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp

kdThiefVest.esp

ImpeREAL City Unique Districts - All the Districts - Merged.esp

Mag1cWind0w_The_Imperial_Water.esp

Order of the Virtuous Blood Expanded v0.3.esp

Hau'oli Paena.esp

TheOubliette.esp

SierraGlade.esp

TMHWBluestoneHouse.esp

elliotarmour.esp

ShiveringTreehouses.esp

Adventurer armors.esp

CastleEltz.esp

Wellspring Vale.esp

Peruggia's Passage.esp

Greenie's Cabin.esp

Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.esp

PTAutumnTrees.esp

Circ Vamp Aesthetics.esp

EyesandHair.esp

TMSilverhopVillage.esp

I'll just go try it without the last one loaded, as I created it, so it's a risk factor XD

EDIT: nope, still buggy without SIlverhop loaded

Edited by the-manta

He's not using anything that would overwrite my AI pack changes. That's only been reported as an issue with FCOM and one of it's tags that Bash is processing in an overly aggressive manner.

Nothing in the load order looks like a possible culprit, despite it being scattered as it is. My gut tells me overusing the race menu didn't help. It shouldn't have been an issue, but even Bethesda only lets you access it again at the sewer gate under somewhat controlled conditions.

I am curious though, why no OBSE?

@Arthmoor: funny you should ask, I started a thread a while back asking about it, I was going to download it actually. I've just never downloaded it because I was sure there had to be a massive downside :shrug: turns out there's not.

As to what I did or did not know about Wrye Bash or BOSS- I knew nothing. The reason I don't have anything like that is because I haven't the faintest idea of what they do, and being totally computer-illiterate, and terrified to use anything that doesn't have, as quoted from the Bash download page "a pretty .exe file", I've never worried about them. I didn't actually realise that there was any particular method to load orders except for putting patches after the things they fix etc. :shrug:

Ah well, in the morning I'll get busy with scary utilities and whatnot XD