DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello Everyone

Game3nder

I actually just happened upon this forum trying to patch together a working knowledge of mods from the CS wiki (once you finish DTom's Beginner's Guide, the well seems to dry up a bit). You wouldn't believe how relieved and excited I am about this academy you have here!

Anyway, I've been playing video games for the majority of my life, mostly RPGs. Top games include Oblivion (of course), FF VIII, Mass Effect, Super Mario RPG, and Zelda: OoT. I'm also a sucker for online 3rd person shooters like SOCOM and Uncharted 2. I spent some time with Morrowind a while back, but never got very into it. I also never had a decent computer until recently and played everything on consoles, so I've got zero experience with the wide world of mods.

Again, very excited about the Academy and the community here. I'm off to snag some cookies and get to class!

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the welcome and the noms everyone :cookie: .

Now I have the newbiest of questions... How do I actually install the archived mods I download? There are a number of articles I have seen online, but they all seem to redirect to another guide, which links to another, then another. For example, apparently I need Bain, which is a part of Wrye Bash, which has a download description telling me I will fail to do it right if I try to install it. Others seem simple enough but glaze over important parts. It feels like I'm at the DMV.

So, is it really that complicated to install these things? If no, does anyone know of a solid guide? :help:

EDIT: I found that I can just drag and drop from the 7zip folder to the Data folder, but if I try to extract to the Data folder it fails. Does that matter? Also, this seems easy enough, but how do I keep better track of what mods are attached to what files as my collection grows?

Edited by Game3nder

Ok Game3nder...this is your big chance to post your first help thread. This is introductions and I think your question would get better action ...HERE . It`s a common enough question but will take a bit of explaination. In the thread you start we can give you all the details. Just hit the "Start New Topic" button at the top and spell out what you need to know...we`ll get you going in no time..:coolup: