DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Daisy chaining surge protectors

_echo

Ok, so as per title, I know the general rule is, "Don't", but im curious as to how dangerous it really is. I understand the overdrawing part, but let me explain my situation and why I am considering it.

My desktop computer is sitting on a desk and the closest outlet is behind the heavy and rather immovable desk. I do have a power strip plugged in there from when the desk was first put in, but that was years ago, and I am unsure of its surge protecting abilities. I would like to plug in a new surge protector into it and run my computer only off of it to be sure i am protected. California is notorious for rolling brown-outs.

Anyway, just wanted to see what you guys know and what you could offer as a potential solution to my issue.

Thanks.

_echo

Now off to work with me. Cya guys in 5 hours.

Can't see it being an issue. Though if you get a surge/spike/whatever from our oh so lovely California power, your primary suppressor will probably die. Being behind a big immovable desk is a problem in THAT case :P

I have a primary surge suppressor plugged into the wall power. My UPS's are plugged into that suppressor, even though both UPS's have internal surge suppression capability. It's never been an issue for me, although I spent $200 on the actual suppressor that's plugged into the wall. I also have a bit more to protect than the average user though.