DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Build or buy...

donnato

Just looked at your new Cooler.... Noticed that it has a sleeve bearing instead of dual ball bearings. I dont' know what they mean by extended life sleeve, but they usually fail a lot quicker than ball bearings.

On a postive note that is one heck of a nice heat sink and the fan is replaceable. When you replace it, make sure you get a 120 mm fan with the same number of pin connections (probably 4 I'm guessing) and rated for the same RPM and airflow if possible. Might even be able to go higher with rpm and airflow to get better cooling on the radiator.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused..... You've been concerned about temps.. And said you were running at stock settings. Your screenie above is showing you are running at 4.4 GHz.... And on a stock fan you would expect to have higher temps with it overclocked that much. Stock settings for your CPU are 3.4 GHZ.

I'd say you ran auto tune and that's where it settled.

According to the instructions it is highly recommended that you use an aftermarket cooler before running auto-tune. I'd say you missed that part when you were setting it up. Other wise I would expect that your temps would have been within the normal range for the stock cooler that came with your CPU and you'd have been able to play your games without overheating.

Here's mine that's rated at 3.2 and its stock. Other than I'm running 2 instances of a math intensive processing program currently, my settings would normally drop to power saving mode around 800Mhz and power up as needed.

MyCPU.jpg

Edited by Arion