DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQz] Glowing Shrooms Please

DsoS

Wondering if anyone could throw a few things together.

I need these to glow as if they are emitting light (Like the ones in Fallout 3 caves, the green ones)

They also have to be used for alchemy, etc, just like normal mushrooms.

I would like to have 3 colors done at the least... Red, Blue and Green.

If someone does this, could you also let me know how I can change the color in NifSkope (if possible) so I don't have to bug you about fixing the color to my liking!

If you interested please let me know, so I can PM you the file with the mushroom nifs.

Thank you in advanced :salute:

Easy enough. Make a texture of any size (power of 2 though. 2x2, 4x4, 8x8 etc) Make it pure white.

Go to the nif of the mushroom you want to glow and change its material property emissive color to the color you want it to glow. And put the glow texture in the same folder as your mushroom, being sure to name it the same file name with *_g.dds at the end.

The solution is exactly the same. :yes: White texture with "_g.dds" at the end, and editing the nif of the creature to change its material property's emissive color to the color you want it to glow.

Note that if the "_g" texture will be pure white, the entire mushroom/creature will glow (assuming that they're built from a single NiTriShape/NiTriStrips). You may want to make some parts of this texture darker or black, to prevent them from glowing. A good practice is to create "_g" texture from a black&white version of the base texture, as long as it's not too dark.