The Oblivion Centaur Project
Alpha v0.1: Download - Video
With Credit to:
Amorilia – Bug fixing Blender animation exporters
Andrew Maneri - Oblivion Mount Project Animation Warper (OMPAW)
TheTalkieToaster – Varied NPC Skeletons
Reneer – Teaching me how to add dummy bones
Drake the Dragon – Animation help
scruggsywuggsy the ferret – Creating an OBSE function for me
What is The Oblivion Centaur Project:
The aim of this mod is to make a playable centaur race and NPC centaurs.
- Possibly creating some special centaur armours/clothing
I want help!:
- I am looking for anyone with good texturing skills to help 'merge' the horse and torso together smoothly. I have tried and failed every time.
- I need modellers to edit the horse bodies to fit those of body mods. I don't use any body mods so I only work from the vanilla models.
- Animations! To be fair, I'm not an animator, so I'm looking for anyone who can make animations to help make some of the custom attacks.
History of the Mod: (Long and properly not very interesting):
The Alpha Release
Requires OBSE 20+
- Alpha Player Race. It is not perfect and you might find it rather clunky to use, but it does work.
- Majority of important animations have been completed
- Sneak mode isnt finished.
- First Person view uses Third Person animations, therefore it isnt perfect yet.
- Short guide on how to use as a resource.
- Only one colour centaur (chestnut)
- Centaurs can equip Boots/Greaves. They simply arent displayed, but you still get the effects.
- Centaurs have a "Humaniod Form" spell that allows them to take human form for 60 seconds.
What I don't want to hear about (they are on my to-fix list):
- The arms shouldn't moves when walking/running
- The strafe looks silly
Bugs & Glitches:
- Animations are still a bit clunky.
- Sneak mode isnt finished.
- Centaurs may fall apart on death. IF this happens, contact me! I need more info on this bug.
- First Person view uses Third Person animations
- There may be seams if used by a body replacer mod
This version is also intended to be used as a modders resource, however you must follow some rules when using it. You cannot merge the esm your mod, and you cannot include the centaur files within your mod's download. This has been done because this is far from the finaly version, and I dont want outdated versions floating around in other mods.
TES Alliance- This is the only place I am uploading to, while this is unfinished I don't want to upload to multiple places as it makes it harder for me to update it then.
Hopefully as this becomes more popular, other modders will work on add-ons for features I dont have to the time or skill to do. If I know about these other mods, I will list them here.
Adds Centaurs to the leveled lists for you to fight. There are four variations, chest nut, black, white and bay. They are leveled according to vanilla bandits and spawn alongside them.