Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DsoS

[REQz] Piano for decoration

79 posts in this topic

I'm at work so I don't have much time to explain this...

I need to see if anyone has a piano or can create a piano.

It doesn't have to be a grand piano... just one of them older stand up styles you'd see in old houses or saloons in the old Western days.

It doesn't need to be played, nor does it need the foot push things at the bottom where a person sits at.

Anyone think they might be able to do this?

I don't need it right away, but will need it in the next two weeks or so.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you Hana, but I've seen that one already, unfortunately its not what I'm looking for really :(

Here is what I'm looking for (or close to it):

upright%20piano.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1247493795311

Heheh...I just might be able to do this. I spent about 10 minutes doing just a basic primative build to try and get a feel...then I saw your pic.Soo...something like this.........................................BasicPianoBeginning.jpg

Well, I didn't expect anyone would want to re-invent the wheel, so to speak, but go for it, donn! :)

Heheh thanks. Sometimes I just do things to learn how or to do it differently. If nobody ever reinvented the wheel they`d still be made of stone. :rofl:

that looks good. Do you think you can make it a little thicker from the front and back?

And again, your fast, and Thank you for taking this on :pints:

I placed your above pic in blender as a referance while I`m working. Yup already did that. Working on the turned legs and carvings. Ya think anyone`ll count to see if there`s actually 88 keys...? :rofl: The key layout will be interesting. This may take some time Ds I want it to be nice but I`m notgoing to get all OCD here.

Ya think anyone`ll count to see if there`s actually 88 keys...? :rofl:

Just cause you mentioned it, I'm gonna check that :rofl:

I placed your above pic in blender as a referance while I`m working. Yup already did that. Working on the turned legs and carvings. Ya think anyone`ll count to see if there`s actually 88 keys...? :rofl: The key layout will be interesting. This may take some time Ds I want it to be nice but I`m notgoing to get all OCD here.

:lmao: its all good... I don't need it to look brand new, its going in a really old dusty, cob-webbed house :P

Sounds lke its going to be pretty nice.

Can't wait to see more pictures of it

:rofl: IS, I figured you would. DsoS, the texture can be faded wood kinda worn looking. I might need help with that, we`ll see...update (working from the ground up.............................................

DsoSPiano02.jpg

ah Don. That looks great :pints:

Keep up the great job :yes:

Taking a quick break, then a bit more shaping on the bottom parts and then up to the keyboard...might just put a cover on it. :rofl:

You can put a cover on it, but make sure it can be lifted, I gotta count them keys to make sure they're all there :rofl:, No cheating Don :lmao:

Gotta have keys. I have plans for this other than deco

:rofl: I know guys...I was just kidding. What kind of model would it be without keys. Ok back to it for me...this is fun. :P

Lol. I'm glad your having fun doing this. Next is a 400-pipe pipe organ. Lol jk

This is looking good, and it will be an awesome piece. Will it be released as a resource?

The piano is looking good. It'll look even better when textured, I reckon :P. If you make a lid that lifts, make sure you make it into a trap. Oblivion needs more slapstick.

Lol. I'm glad your having fun doing this. Next is a 400-pipe pipe organ. Lol jk

Heheh...I can do that..:P Might take awhile though. :rofl: Ok I`m heading home now from the cafe. Lots of small changes not really worth posting but I`m starting on the keyboard now. This should be interesting. :D Thanks folks.

Would make a nice addition to the clutterer's guild :D

Good idea DR... I was like WTH, who moved my thread :rofl:

(I really really really, for the 100th time, need to finish my cluttered plates mod!) :poke: myself to finish this!

I`m kinda taking my time on this part because if I don`t it`ll just wreck the rest of it. Hiya DR...you`ll have to talk to DsoS about releasing this...it was his REQz. :D Sorry folks not at picture stage yet.

Edited by donnato