DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Solved] Enlarging Images

DsoS

Hmmmm nope XD, No matter what image it is, it will always end up more pixelated and blurred, that's why I suggest to downscale from a larger image whenever possible :yes:, After increasing the scale you could use filters ect to clean it up, will never been perfect or as clear as the original though.

Is there anyway to resize a image without pixelation?

Lets say I have a image of 256x256 and wanted to enlarge it to 1024x1024. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks in advanced

Well, that depends. If you just slap it onto Photoshop or the likes and expand it, it will be pixelated; this depends on the initial and final sizes: the bigger the difference, the bigger the pixelation. There's no way around that. Some other commercial softwares (like this one) might get you better results though I never tried it (and take note that they make some bold claims; most likely just advertising). Or you can use Illustrator and turn your image into a vector image. From there you can resize it however you want without losing quality. Of course, this option requires a simple enough image to turn into a vector so just forget about ones with lots of details (unless you want to go insane). I don't know how to do this in Illustrator; I know it can be done but my knowledge of it is very, very shallow, so to speak.

If you are planning on using these for higher res textures, dont bother. The image will just be downscaled to fit the model, meaning no gain in any detail.

If you plan on increaing the resolution to add details, then yeah, any photo editor can do it. Hell, Paint can do it. Google can help. (Home Depot FTW!)