DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

I've been encouraged ...

Striker879

... to troll here for some cookies (thanks Lanceor).

The same Striker879 as on the Nexus. I've been active there this winter, mostly trying to help out the experts by getting some of the mundane "Where is your Oblivion installed" stuff covered for them. Started out as my way of paying it back (and forward maybe) for the wonderful mods I'd downloaded. I'm dabbling in the CS, and making progress in getting along with it (somewhat ... we still fight from time to time), getting more creative in my 'home rolled' efforts but nothing worthy of publishing yet. I'll probably need to get my head around scripting to step things up to the next level, something I'm looking forward to with some trepidation (had a little two year experience trying to learn C++ back in the day ... learned one thing ... my head don't fit around some things).

Recently helped out another Nexus member with some beta testing and suggestions on his house mod and found out a couple of interesting things. One I already knew ... modding is habit forming. The other, releasing your work is akin to birthing (and I wasn't even the author ... can't imagine how deep that water's going to be when I dive in).

In any case, you got any without chocolate chips (mmm raisins, my favourite).

• Upvote 4

Hey, welcome Striker! Good to see you here!

Anyone who mods, beta tests or is interested in watching what modders do will find a big like-minded community here. House mods are the easiest way to learn the CS and any experience you have with programming will help a lot with scripting.

Anyway, have a cookie :cookie4u:, but watch out for those cookie thieves. :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...