DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

MWSnap

donnato

It greys out the screen and the box opens up and tells you to drag the cursor around the area you want to take the snapshot of. When you use the cursor the screen (grey) disappears and you make the box on what you want. Click when finished and it shows you the snapshot. Tell it to save and it defaults to capture.jpg (or png) ...

Click when finished and it shows you the snapshot. Tell it to save and it defaults to capture.jpg (or png) ...

It doesn't do that by default though, you have to turn off the Save to Clipboard default first or the screencap goes to the clip board. Which can then be ctrl+v into paint I imagine.

Ah...i get it...I think...so if I deselect save to clipboard...where does it go then?? I soo miss the free version of snaggit..

EDIT...ok I just tried it and maybe...just maybe I can work with this...when I take the shot I have the "save as" option....guess I`m just kinda set in my ways after 2+ years working with vista...

Thank you all.

Edited by donnato

:lol: Don't worry donnato - you're not the only one. I've just continued to use good ol' ALT print screen and paste into Paint.net or GIMP and then trim down if necessary.

Thanks for the tips on the Snip tool though - might check it out at some point. :D

Edit: Click options and make sure it's set up to prompt you where to save the file.

Edited by AndalayBay

donnato, I hope you will continue to see if you can get MWSnap to work. It's nice to have choices.

I assume you have the latest/last version (3.0.0.74), right? I've used it for many years and found it extremely versatile. As one example, since I am a free user of PhotoBucket, I'm limited to 1024x768 (which is fine by me). Rather than capturing a larger area and cropping it in a photo editor, I just set MWSnap's fixed size to 1024x768; problem solved. According to several forum posts I found in the net, most seem to be able to use it with Windows 7. Have you tried changing the hot keys? Maybe there's a conflict that didn't exist in Vista.

Thank you Vince, the MWsnap won`t even open to let me change settings. On install it places a shortcut to my desktop but when i click it nothing happens even after waiting several minutes. If I right click and go to the folder to try the .exe direct I get the same thing.

I`ve just downloaded and installed the latest version and its working pretty well on my Win7 64bit.The only error I get is a dialogue box comes up on opening the app that says not all hotkeys could be registered,clicking okay gets rid of it and the app starts up.All functions seem to work fine.Not sure what the problem you are having is don...sorry,but it does work on Win7. :shrug:

• 5 weeks later...

I`ve just downloaded and installed the latest version and its working pretty well on my Win7 64bit.The only error I get is a dialogue box comes up on opening the app that says not all hotkeys could be registered,clicking okay gets rid of it and the app starts up.All functions seem to work fine.Not sure what the problem you are having is don...sorry,but it does work on Win7. :shrug:

Stoney...where did you DL from. When I search " MWSnap broken" I find several "broken links" reports. Anyway, when I run the troubleshoot compatability program it tells me there`s a program incompatability.....Yeah, windows is being a pain about this.