DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Lesson #3

DarkRider

• 1 year later...

Well... that took a helluvalot longer than what I initially thought it would take!!! Landscaping in this game is a friggin' nightmare! But I pulled through and managed to get those damn grassy sprites out of my platform and cobblestone road. It is a shame that there's no way to lessen the effect of the soften brush or to properly undo big mistakes.

Anyway, here are my results:Note: I took the time to properly title all the images, so it should be easier to separate them between lessons at a glance now.

During this lesson I started using the CS Extended OBSE Plugin to make it easier. I'm not sure if that was available at the time this tutorial series was originally conceived, but I would nevertheless recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone planning to follow this course as it was of tremendous help to me. The filter option for the object window alone made it worth my while big time!

Note2: I also found this website featuring an image library which may come in handy to some.

Good work. I see you found my Real water for the CS mod :lol:

Using CSE is a little advanced for beginners but that's fine. I wouldn't mod without it now.

Hmm, there also used to be a mod here called Landscapers Little Helper that previewed all the landscape textures. Can't seem to find it now. I wonder if it's on Nexus.

Good work. I see you found my Real water for the CS mod :lol:

Using CSE is a little advanced for beginners but that's fine. I wouldn't mod without it now.

Hmm, there also used to be a mod here called Landscapers Little Helper that previewed all the landscape textures. Can't seem to find it now. I wonder if it's on Nexus.

Thank you Hanaisse, but I'm afraid I don't understand your first line. Are you talking about a graphics mod you made? My Oblivion installation has no mods beyond the official DLC and Bugwater Borrow and the CSE is the only external modification I've installed.

EDIT

Now I think I know what you meant, it dawned on me just as I was hitting send. Sorry for that. English not primary language. Got confused. Forget it.

Anyway, I think I've found the mod you were referring to and it's right here. I used google though, maybe that's why I found it, haven't tried the site's search function yet. It sounds useful, I'll definitely try it later. Thanks!

Edited by ASnakeNeverDies
Stupidity.

• 1 month later...

Here is my homework for lesson 3, including the extra credit and credit challenge. Got all but about 1 tuft of grass out of the path in game, and remembered to retexture the landscaping under the platform, not entirely sure i got the right texture on it, but turned out better than I thought it would. Landscaping at back of platform is a bit rough, but hopefully acceptable. I did eliminate one of the hay bales so the horse could get out of the rain and put in a dimmer light source for the wall sconce I added by the easel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/015wlrd32ss74yy/AACCy38cXG2vRpFv8_sJHJYCa?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't see the "on the platform" when I read the instruction about creating a cozy place for a horse, so I had gone ahead and built a separate stable.  Since I'd made some mistakes in the terrain editing anyway I decided to just go with that.  So maybe not a hundred per cent correct, but I think it works....I can redo this lesson if I need to.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...