DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Lesson #3

DarkRider

You're welcome and I'm glad you have perfected snap to grid now, it's very handy! :yes:

Your basement looks great, need a screenshot of your pathgrids, and need to sort out those doors. Some door objects will require some fancy positioning of the yellow door marker. Pull it out of the door, lower it with Z to rest on the floor at the bottom of the ladder and turn it so the purple arrow points in toward your room.

When you test make sure you use a clean save from before your mod was ever loaded. If your save is dirty and you hadn't adjusted the markers yet, they still won't work properly. :thumbup:

I'll use your suggestion regarding using an old save, (and clean the mod again first in the TES4Edit just in case, lol). It is already at the bottom of the load order list. I had two questions:

1. Does it matter which interior I initiate the teleport and references from (house or basement interior) - would that make a diff?

2. Should the trapdoor in the house be upside downl like I had to do with that front door? - (so the see-through side is showing)

If you don't mind me suggesting it; I wish you would post those instructions you posted for me regarding the "Snap to Grid" - up in the body of the Lesson #3. They are concise and very easily understood, even to someone like me who is not PC literate or technically inclined!

Edited by mALX

No it doesn't matter which side you initiate the teleport. Please position the teleport blocks in each cell as you think they should go and screenshoot them for me as they are causing issues for you. :)

No you do not want the open side of any mesh to show ever. :no:

I do plan on including that in the body of the class I just can't move that kind of content from my phone, I'll do it tomorrow. I'm glad you found it useful :thumbup:

Sorry for the absence I finally got around working on this

Just for fun I made a little video:

Bench, door, and light:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1613/myhouse3.jpg

World Marker:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9353/myhouse4u.jpg

Pathing for basement:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9523/myhousepathgrd2.jpg

The door I forgot:

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4039/myhouse5.jpg

Very nice homework King, almost full marks. :clap:

I love that this class is putting up videos, none of your predecessors did, really displays your work nicely. :good: Couple comments for you.

-Be careful about mixing class types when it comes to furniture, if done incorrectly it can have a strange effect. For example, having all lowerclass furniture in your bedroom except for an upper class dresser is a bit strange. Having all upper class furniture throughout the house, but middle class furniture in the kitchen, or lower class furniture in a servant quarter is a logical mix of classed statics. :ok:

-In your basement it looks like for your corners you used the wrong kit pieces. The assigned kits were UngrdLWay it looks like you used UngrdLroom instead. What's the difference? Same thing? Nope, not quite. The assigned UngrdLWay kit is designed to corner a room with posts in the center and so it has the post shadow on the inside corner. UngrdLroom is designed to corner a room with no posts, so is missing that shadow. If you look at your posts in the center of your basement you'll see each is missing 1/4 of it's shadow. ;) Swap those pieces in to earn the last 5pts for this credit challenge. :thumbup:

I love that this class is putting up videos, none of your predecessors did, really displays your work nicely. :good: Couple comments for you.

-Be careful about mixing class types when it comes to furniture, if done incorrectly it can have a strange effect. For example, having all lowerclass furniture in your bedroom except for an upper class dresser is a bit strange. Having all upper class furniture throughout the house, but middle class furniture in the kitchen, or lower class furniture in a servant quarter is a logical mix of classed statics. :ok:

I see your point there. The basement's supposed to have a hodge podge feel to it however, like it's a dumping ground for things that aren't needed upstairs. I certainly see your point though. I will consider picking up that other dresser that someone knocked over and putting it in the nicer one's place.

-In your basement it looks like for your corners you used the wrong kit pieces. The assigned kits were UngrdLWay it looks like you used UngrdLroom instead. What's the difference? Same thing? Nope, not quite. The assigned UngrdLWay kit is designed to corner a room with posts in the center and so it has the post shadow on the inside corner. UngrdLroom is designed to corner a room with no posts, so is missing that shadow. If you look at your posts in the center of your basement you'll see each is missing 1/4 of it's shadow. ;) Swap those pieces in to earn the last 5pts for this credit challenge. :thumbup:

They are the correct piece and here's the proof:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9076/myhouse6.jpg

It could be because I'm using Qarl's retexture mod that the shadows aren't there. :shrug: I'm going to look into this more.

• 4 weeks later...

My link CS pics of ext and basement

My link challenge basement complete

My link home work + extra credit complete, barrels, custom named barrel with new items inside, fence+ stone wall at trail, lighting at trail and front door, small spot for horse, feeder and lean to stable + storage. working bench and lots of neat clutter. pretty bushes at bridge. landscaped and cobbled land. god i hope its done lol did it 4 times finaly fixed the crash. cookies for every body

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent work, Jada. :)

I would like to see a couple of more pictures. From the CS, I need;

- The cell view window showing the exterior cell properly named

- the landscaping underneath the platforms

- the map marker reference window

- both door marker reference windows (inside and out) showing proper links

- the basement trap door marker reference windows showing proper links

I also don't see a bench (from the homework assignment).

• 1 year later...

Horses don't actually lay down to sleep, but ok! :lmao: Some hay and a water trough would have been another way to go.

Excellent work so far, jr. Are your doors linked properly? I would have liked to have seen a pic of the reference box. All marks given and I'm glad to see the Credit Challenge done as well.  :thumbup:

thanks for giving time to check my homework :)
yes its linked properly already tried it in game.
you can see the yellow box where the character appears after using the door are also properly placed facing away from the door the went out off
will start on final exam on another day.. have visitor to attend to.. be back when i have the time
thanks again
cya  :P 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Hanaisse--

I've uploaded my screenprints here for Lesson 3's work, the Main Assignment, and the Extra Credit, plus the basement for the Credit Challenge.  I've also included a new screenshot of Lesson's 2's pathgridding -- I hope it's an improvement.  

Cheers, Bess

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Hanaisse, and Happy New Year!

I'm eager to hear if my Lesson 3 work needs anything further (the link to my gallery is in my 19 December post just before this), or may I continue to Lesson 4 yet?

Thanks very much for your time -- Cheers, Bess

Someone found my Real Water for the CS textures, I see. :lol::clap:

Excellent work, Bess. I particularly like the design choice of two fence types around the platform. It looks great!

Full marks, plus the extra credit! Off you go to the final lesson #4. Time to start thinking about your exam too. ;)