DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Lesson #2

DarkRider

• 4 months later...

yeah i did press F on that scale.. i was thinking it might cause a problem if I lower it more so i just let it stay there..
about those books.. i was thinking it will fall on the other books once in the game.
the lower one would be horizontally resting on the shelf and the others would fall on top of that and will rest on that book in an inclined position.
but looks like that didnt happen and they stayed as they were.

• 3 weeks later...

Your house is starting to look very warm and cozy, Bess. :)  Funny, I used a desk as a custom container way back when I did these lessons too! :lol:

My only comment would be about the pathgriding. Technically it's not incorrect, however in such a small space you really don't need so many nodes. Picture in your mind an NPC standing in your house. While idle, they wander from node to node. In this case, they may take one or two steps and stop. With less nodes spread out they may cross the entire room, making it look less jilted and more casual. Just keep that in mind. :)

With full marks, please continue on to lesson #3.

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much, Hanaisse!  I'd like to make it warmer & cosier yet, if now's a good time.

Yes, I suspected I was getting into the pathgridding with perhaps a bit too much exuberance -- got carried away by the fun of working out the puzzle and the pattern.  I'll lighten it up (and give those NPCs a chance to stretch their legs) before I head outdoors for heavy construction and earthworks.

Thanks for the encouraging words  :)  See you in Lesson 3!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

zwkdiv; I hope you're still around! Sorry for the delay.

Everything is looking great so far!

One minor note about pathgrids. You have two nodes on either side of the bed that look like they cut the corners of the bed. Try to adjust them slightly or npc's will get stuck.

And continue on, if you're still with me. :)

• 7 months later...

Here's my homework and extra credit for Lesson #2.

Table Settings for 4:

https://imageshack.com/i/exwPnurEj

Pathgrids:

https://imageshack.com/i/pdelbLSdj

2 Custom chests (shows in editor too) with clutter on table in background:

https://imageshack.com/i/eyoLVGGKj

Farm door:

https://imageshack.com/i/pdqh0zE1j

Apparatis on Dresser:

https://imageshack.com/i/f0vInz3Wj

Bookshelf with all Guide Books:

https://imageshack.com/i/hlfktqE3j

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is my homework for lesson 2, let me know if I need to add a bit more clutter, I tend to be a bit minimalistic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdy2izy1nf8sb19/Screenshot%202016-02-05%2017.54.28.png?dl=0

Sorry for the delay on this one. Had a minor surgery that kept me away from the computer for a couple days, lesson 3 homework posting shortly and will continue on from there.

Edited by spectre76
Forgot something

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here I am! Homework plus extra credits:

Spoiler

Apparatus:

CaptureApparatus.thumb.JPG.c78c791d7d2f7

Bookshelf:

CaptureBookshelf.thumb.JPG.8228b5b5e34b0

Table set for four with food and drinks:

CaptureTable.thumb.JPG.47df62c1fd8ecf435

Drinks and drinks display cases:

CaptureDrinks.thumb.JPG.4e1199e746c08f4a

The custom container:

CaptureContainerCustom.thumb.JPG.da47330

The extra credit custom container:

CaptureCabinet.thumb.PNG.8eace62c51ca14d

Containers:

CaptureContainers.thumb.JPG.314c94daacd6

CaptureContainers2.thumb.JPG.d5e9212e081

Bedroom with clutter:

CaptureBedroom.thumb.JPG.e6c7d2cae344a4d

Entrance with door, containers and clutter:

CaptureDoorEntrance.thumb.JPG.4fc4115643

Pathgrid: image removed by author, see further down. ;)

I hope it's all right! :D

By the way, who takes care of the Student Progress Report? ;)

... and how do we hide the beds and chairs markers? Pressing M doesn't work for me.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

It's looking very good, LoTM, nice and cozy. The "Spice Cabinet" is a nice touch! My only comment would be one of the path grids looks a little too close to one of the dining room chairs (at the bottom of the picture) and could maybe be adjusted slightly downward.

I won't be updating the Student Progress Report here due to the site upgrade and the unstable editing and formating tools. I am keeping my own tally though.

As for the markers, no it doesn't seem that there is any way to toggle furniture markers, in the CS or the CSE. If they're really bothersome it's possible to toggle the object itself with shortcut key "2".

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hanaisse said:

It's looking very good, LoTM, nice and cozy. The "Spice Cabinet" is a nice touch! My only comment would be one of the path grids looks a little too close to one of the dining room chairs (at the bottom of the picture) and could maybe be adjusted slightly downward.

As for the markers, no it doesn't seem that there is any way to toggle furniture markers, in the CS or the CSE. If they're really bothersome it's possible to toggle the object itself with shortcut key "2".

Thank you! How does the pathing look like now?

CapturePathing.thumb.JPG.97c5cbefe5bf477

The key 2 doesn't do anything in my CS...

May I proceed to lesson 3?

• 3 months later...

Excellent, dolphin. Well done and quite the interesting decor.

I will need to see pics of each container record from the CK though so I can ensure they've been renamed properly. There should not be a broom in the chest with the glass sword, I think you missed a step with cleaning it out!

Couple of pathgrid issues; top left corner near the pantry, a pathgrid goes right under the cupboard and bottom right the other cupboard near the door, the pathgrid is clipping with it. Try to adjust so your NPC's won't get stuck. :)