DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Lesson #2

DarkRider

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So this class may or may not be active anymore since I know the teachers have been at this for years.  I haven't gotten any replies but I still want to learn.  If anyone sees this and the class is still on, can you please add me to your roster?

I didn't notice the numbered pages on Lesson 1 so I didn't see what other people were doing before I went on to Lesson 2.  So my homework will be Lesson 1 and 2 combined.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, mostly, this has all been very user-friendly and I really appreciate you taking the time to make these tutoirals.

Havoc items.  I have been struggling with them.  I wedged the books together with an apparatus as bookend, which keeps them in place.  However, the dinner table is a mess.  I noticed a bunch of grapes out of place and opened the cs again to remove some food.  That only made the moving around worse with more space for everything to move around.  

Can you give me a scenario of when the food on the table will stay in place?  How many havoc items is too much?

Also, I have some texture changes I have replaced vanilla with in game not made by me that are showing up here. 

1. Lush & Gaudy Interiors and Exteriors (rich wood textures)

2. QTP III Redimized

3. Improved Rugs and Tapestries

4. Improved Paintings (I think is the title. Don't think these are vanilla paintings.)

In the CS, I actually placed the second cupboard down the steps with my first one later on but it's not picking up in game.  I tried deleting my .ini file to reset but it never picked up the change.  I did notice tho that the wood looked duller after that and the pink tapestry turned back to faded vanilla red.  Hopefully archive invalidation will remind the game about the new textures in case I record again.

Homework completed:

CS pic with pathgrids attached

In-game footage (This food layout is after removing some food items.  The first time when the serving plates were full, some grapes had come off the plate and the sweetcake was hovering a little above.  Seemed nitpicky but it was noticeable.  This time, it's really obvious. :help:):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4-4o9hi8jx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TESA CSB Lesson 1 and 2 Combined

CS Basics Lesson 1 and 2 combined.PNG

Edited by TheLadyChephren
needed to hit 'code' to try and embed video but not working. Will just link instead.

OMG, as far as the havoc items, I realized that if I turn off the mod, go in game and make a clean save, it will correct itself.  :doh:Everything looks good now on the dinner table.

Sorry for all the questions.  I have found some good info here in the comments that I had asked about in pm earlier today, like how to record game footage and take screenshots in the CS.  There is a lot of good info here but it's just a matter of finding it.

Still, if anyone does know good method for remember how many havoc items are safe to place, that would be amazing to keep from having to go back into the CS so many times.

Thank you!  <3 I also saw that someone answered comments in August of what seems like this year so if you see this , please add me?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Alright.

I'm using MO2, so I had to rebuild my First House, because I couldn't figure out where the file.esp was stored. It took a while to even search my Local HDD for a "PathTest.esp" file, though I finally figured out it's stored in the "overwrite" folder, which bummed me out, because I was in a habit of deleting that content to get rid of the notification. I actually was able to rebuild my house considerably quickly, & I built it a little differently.

Rebuild

& then the Lesson #2 content:

First Image

Second Image

Third Image

Fourth Image

Fifth Image

Sixth Image

Seventh Image

Edited by Jareth77
One url at a time for images. I thought that maybe it would direct to a page containing all the images, though figured out that link didn't work.
  • Thanks 1

Oh! Thanks.

Uhh, I guess I just pick the most efficient path, & make them walk that, or just make certain that the yellow lines don't get too close to each other, not actually.

Thanks. I'll work on it.

Lesson #4 had Gecko4 required, which I can't get installed, not actually, & as well I thought that the water garden actually would go well beneath the house, so I thought to completely start over again & build the interior the way I would want the house for my personal Argonian character, so I'll work on it.

Edited by Jareth77