DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Elevators in Oblivion

DsoS

Try this... My head is a little clearer today.

scn myLiftScript
float curpos
float endpos
short vatorStatus

begin onactivate player
if vatorStatus == 0
set endpos to getpos z - 634
set vatorStatus to 3
message "Going Down!"
elseif vatorStatus == 1 || vatorStatus == 3
message "The Lift is in motion!"
elseif vatorStatus == 2
set endpos to getpos z + 634
set vatorStatus to 1
message "Going Up!"
endif
end

begin gamemode
if vatorStatus == 1
set curpos to getpos z
if (curpos < endpos)
;MOVING LIFT UP
set curpos to curpos + (GetSecondsPassed * 0.75)
setpos z curpos
else
;FINAL UP POSITION - SET EXACT Z
set vatorStatus to 2
setpos z 2543
endif
elseif vatorStatus == 3
set curpos to getpos z
if (curpos > endpos)
;MOVING LIFT DOWN
set curpos to curpos - (GetSecondsPassed * 0.75)
setpos z curpos
player.resetfalldamagetimer
else
;FINAL DOWN POSITION - SET EXACT Z
set vatorStatus to 0
setpos z 1909
endif
endif
end[/code]

Great news willie...

It works. Thank you very much :highfive:

However I did find a issue with your script...

In the GameMode block for "set vatorStatus to 2" and the other "set vatorStatus to 0" ghose need to be flipped. Where 0 is the first and 2 is the second.

After I fixed that it works perfectly.

I would upload the fixed script tonight but the storms that blew through today knocked out my internet, actually for all of the town I live in. Yeah it sucks... I had to type the entire new script in by hand with it loaded.on my phone. So I wasn't able to.copy and paste but had to work for it. :woot:

Ill grab a video of it and upload it when the net gets fixed.

Thank you very much again willie :hugs: and :pints:

I modified the Grate Nif and added the chains from the AR welkynd stone holders. There are actually 3 or 4 chains stacked on top of each other to make a really long chain (so there are like 12 to 16 total chains). The loops on the grate that connects to the chain is also from the AR welkynd stone holders.

To match the Fort Ruins, I used a texture that was in the Grate nif and used that to match the colors.

One issue I've ran into, is that I cannot click on the chains to activate the lift. I have to click on the grate itself. No big deal though.

I still have a little bit to work out on this. If you noticed when the lift is moving up, and I look the the ceiling, the chains are moving into the ceiling. I need to add something there to make it seem like the chain is moving though something other than the ceiling XD

Also, I need to figure out how I can add another activator to move the lift up/down, just incase if the cell resets and the lift is back to it first position. This would be bad cause if the player is on the bottom area, the lift is above them with no way to get back up without cheating. I'm thinking about using the Oblivion Lift Gate controls, with the big gears used in those really tall towers in Oblivion lands.

Another thing I need to do is add sound to the script so it sounds like its actually moving, maybe I can use the clanking sounds. I'll have to scour through the sound files and find a good one, or find something online to use.

Thank you Ub3er for the comment.... Make sure to give most of the thanks to WillieSea, as without him, I would not have been able to make this work properly. He created the entire script for me. :pints: